Monday 12 November 2012

Bright Blossoms Happy Birthday Card

What a dreary, gloomy, miserable Monday, ugh!  As the sun isn't shining I'll post a cheery card to add some brightness to this grey day.  This is another card I made at Joanne's Make and Take workshop and this one is my favourite - even though there's the dreaded Tangerine Tango on it!  I love the pop of brightness against the crisp white space.

The flower from the Betsy's Blossoms set was inked with Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight and Tangerine Tango and stamped onto the white panel.   It reminds me a bit of the tie dye effect - groovy man!  The other flowers and leaves were stamped on a separate piece of CS and cut out.  The Rich Razzleberry flower was popped up.  The patterned paper was cut with the Scallop Trim Border punch and I was chuffed that I managed to punch it successfully!  I struggle with this punch for some reason and every time I've used it at Joanne's I've mucked it up - but not this time!  A Daffodil Delight ribbon bow adds a splash of sunshine as the final touch to the card front.


Joanne had designed a stamped panel for inside the card - I'm always happy to see that!  Of course, I just had to go the extra step and decorate the envelope too!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Betsy's Blossoms & Bring on the Cake sets
CS: SU! Rich Razzleberry & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  SU! Floral District DSP
Ink: SU! Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango & Rich Razzleberry
Tools: SU! Scallop Trim Border punch, circle punches, Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Daffodil Delight stitched grosgrain ribbon, Dimensionals


Photobucket

2 comments:

Patty Gorka said...

These colors are beautiful together. Your card jumps right off of the page!

Mynn xx said...

Oh, this is so fun! LOVE the coloring of your large flower--the other colors really make it pop! Just beautiful! :)

01 09 10