Wednesday 21 November 2012

Gingerbread Christmas Cheer Card

This is the Christmas card I made for an  SU! shoebox swap.  The gingerbread man image from the Scentsational Season set is so appealing I think, guaranteed to raise a smile!

The A6 card base was made with Crumb Cake CS.  I die cut a Real Red label shape, punched out a scalloped circle and popped the red label shape up over a larger punched white circle.  I tied some Gumball Green ribbon around the frame, slid a candy cane through the knot and added Dimensionals.  The gingerbread man at the front is also popped up.  The white sentiment strip is matted onto a Gumball Green layer and I added 3 die cut Champagne Glimmer paper stars. 


I hadn't decorated the inside and the envelope on the day of the shoebox swap.  I was awaiting delivery of my SU! Wacky Wishes set 'cos I wanted to use the Christmas sentiment inside!  I used Gumball Green and Real Red markers to ink the sentiment stamp and I then stamped a gingerbread man.  I stamped and die cut a gingerbread man for the envelope flap as well.  


I've had an idea for a card with a whole row of gingerbread men.  That will have to wait a while though as my craft room is in chaos and I can't create anything in there at the moment.  We went to Ikea on Monday so I could get some drawer units for my craft room.  Owen assembled them for me yesterday and I've been sorting everything out and moving stuff around - and then changing my mind!  I still have a way to go but I'm getting there.  Now I have more drawer units I've been able to get rid of a lot of mismatched plastic boxes of all shapes and sizes - I'm very happy about that, it's much easier to grab items from drawers than rootle through several plastic boxes!

So we went to Ikea for drawer units, tealights and a floor lamp - oh, and a meatball dinner of course!  We came home with LOADS more than that though, we can't seem to resist temptation when we're in Ikea!  I bought two silver stands which you're meant to hang Christmas decorations from.  I got one for its intended purpose and a second one which I'm trialling in my craft room as a ribbon holder.  As soon as I saw it I thought it might work really well as a stand to hold reels of ribbon - and at £3 each they didn't break the bank!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Scentsational Season, Sweet Essentials & Wacky Wishes sets
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Real Red, Gumball Green, Whisper White & Champagne Glimmer Paper
Ink: SU! Soft Suede, Real Red & Gumball Green
Tools: SU! Labels Framelits die, scalloped & plain circle punches, Holiday Collection Framelits dies
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Gumball Green stitched satin ribbon, Dimensionals


Photobucket

1 comment:

Mynn xx said...

This is so cute, Ruth!! LOVE the red and green candy cane--this is just beautiful with the touch of sparkle! :)

01 09 10