Friday 23 November 2012

Lattice & Flowers Thinking Of You Card

I've been playing with my SU! Lattice Bigz die again - letting it be the bold main focus on this card as opposed to the subtle background on this card I made earlier.  The card is an A6 size made from Baja Breeze CS.  I die cut the lattice three times, once in patterned paper, once in black CS and the third time in Riding Hood Red CS.  I applied tape behind the black shape to keep all the bits in place, layered the patterned paper shape on top and then added the Riding Hood Red shapes.  I die cut five flowers using the smallest shape on the Floral Fusion die and then used an Itty Bitty punch to cut the small red flowers.  I stamped and die cut a layered banner sentiment and added jewels to the white banner and to the flower centres.


I used patterned paper and die cut border strips to decorate the inside and the envelope.  This card has gone in the post today to a friend who is having a very challenging time recently.  She is an extremely talented patchworker and quilter and the design I came up with reminds me a bit of a quilt so I thought it was fitting.  Paper quilting is quite enough for me, sewing is definitely NOT my thing!  Just as well really, I'm sure I'd end up stashing pretty fabrics like there's no tomorrow!



Supplies:
Stamps:  SU! Sweet Essentials set
CS: SU! Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Basic Black & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  SU! Festival of Prints DSP
Ink:  SU! Riding Hood Red
Tools:  SU! Lattice Bigz die, Floral Fusion Sizzlits die, Itty Bitty flower punch, Finishing Touches Edgelits die, MFT Fishtail Flags Stax die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Rhinestone Jewels


Photobucket

1 comment:

Mynn xx said...

This is so cool! LOVE the use of the die and all it's positive and negative components! The flowers on top are just so pretty, too! :)

01 09 10