Tuesday 4 December 2012

Blue Snowman Merry Christmas Card

A few weeks ago this sketch was the challenge at the 52 {C}CT blog and I started making this card then.


Choosing my patterned paper, stamping the snowman and die cutting the ovals was as far as I got but then I abandoned it and made a different card.  I placed the bits in my 'to be completed' box and I have now dug them out and finished the card.  I loved the unusual colour of the snowflake patterned paper when I saw it and it goes beautifully with SU! Not Quite Navy CS.  I've added Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla into the mix also.

I embossed the Crumb Cake CS with the Northern Flurry embossing folder, went over the embossed areas with Whisper White Craft ink and sponged the edges of the panel.  I popped up the oval, added a sentiment panel and 3 punched snowflakes with gem centres to finish the front.


Here's the inside with more of the lovely paper, a sentiment and a punched snowflake element.


I embossed the envelope flap with the Northern Flurry embossing folder.  I debated whether to leave it as it was or sponge on some ink.  The 'when in doubt - don't!' mentality won out and I left it plain!


Supplies:
Stamps: Inkadinkado Snowman, SU! Seasonal Wishes set, Hero Arts 'Very Merry Christmas' clear set
CS: SU! Not Quite navy, Crumb Cake & Very Vanilla

Patterned paper:  Bo Bunny Snow Day Flurries
Ink: SU! Not Quite Navy & Crumb Cake, SU! Whisper White Craft ink
Tools:  Petite Ovals Nestabilities dies, SU! Northern Flurry embossing folder, snowflake punches, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Rhinestone Jewels, 3D foam tape


Photobucket

4 comments:

sandie said...

Hi Ruth,
This is fab. I love how you have inked over the embossed snowflake, so effective!

Jacqueline said...

This is gorgeous Ruth - love the blue with the Crumb Cake, fab white sponging too - Jacqueline xx

Mynn xx said...

So glad you loved the sketch enough to finish the card! ;) LOVE the gorgeous coloring and your sponging is amazing! So fabulous!!!

kelly said...

wow, wow wow, I love this card, the patterned paper really compliments the pattern within the snowman, and that embossing folder is gorgeous!!!
Kelly xx

01 09 10