Saturday 5 January 2013

25th December Christmas Day Card - 52 {C}CT Jan Sketch Challenge

It's our first Christmas card challenge of the year at 52 {C}CT - and I'm breaking you in gently with a nice and easy sketch layout!  I'll be hosting all four challenges in January - which will be exciting for me - but only if you play along so do please join us!


Not only is it our first challenge of the year but we are also holding a Design Team call so don't forget to add DT after your name when you link up your entry for each of the January challenges if you'd like to apply for a spot on the team!

I've made a 5 3/4" square Gumball Green card base and I've added Cherry Cobbler and Baja Breeze snowflake paper mat layers.  I love to paper piece with this 'Christmas Date' stamp and so I inked with VersaMark, stamped on various patterned papers, heat embossed with white powder and cut out the separate pieces.  I added red pearls as berries and I popped the holly up.  I've attached white ribbon and a bow to the Gumball Green panel and then I finished off with some gold brads.


Inside I've stamped the lovely 'Happy Christmas from our house to yours' sentiment and I've added more patterned paper.  I cut out a house and glued that alongside the sentiment. 


For the envelope, I simply covered the flap with houses patterned paper - it seemed so appropriate with the sentiment I'd used inside the card!



Every year I've always said I'd start making my Christmas cards earlier in the year and every year I didn't do any such thing!  But 2012 was a turning point and I'm so glad I started taking part in the 52 {C}CT challenges - and later being part of the DT.  Need some encouragement to start your own Christmas cards earlier?  Hmmm, how about a look at what my Christmas card box looked like at the beginning of December?  Full to bursting!


So that's what you could have in 2013 if you start now, trust me, you'll be glad you did!  Plus by spreading them out you won't get bored and fed up of Christmas cards later in the year!  I really hope to see you playing along with us at 52 {C}CT, I'd love to come and see what you make!

Supplies:
Stamps: Woodware 'Christmas Date' & 'Happiest of Christmases' clear sets
CS: SU! Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler, Baja Breeze & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  SU! Snow Festival DSP & Echo Park Style Essentials 'Green Flourish'
Ink: VersaMark, SU! Cherry Cobbler
Embellishments & accessories: white embossing powder, white grosgrain ribbon, red pearls, gold brads, 3D foam pads


Photobucket

7 comments:

sandie said...

oh Ruth, this is kinda scary! I am not sure I can do this but your card is adorable, I love the envelope, I have to give this a go. Your Xmas box is incredible. I think, I will mull this and see if I can handle a Xmas card a week!!!

Deborah Frings said...

I think the sketch is great and your card is stunning! Love the bright, vibrant colours.

Your box of Christmas cards is a target I'm going for!

Yvonne Garner said...

Great card, fabulous challenge, and I love your box of cards you shared! Happy New Year!

Mynn xx said...

Ruth, this is BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE that stamp--is it by SU! or another company because I feel that I "need" it!!! ;) LOVE the colors you used and I, too, am glad for this challenge! People were amazed when I told them that they all got a unique card from us this year! It was awesome! ;)

Danielle Vincent said...

Great card Ruth! You've gotten good use of that stamp and I love it every time you use it :o) Great choice of DSP by the way :o) Hugs.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Your cards are amazing, also love the envelope.

Rosmarie said...

Me too, every year I said, "start a little earlier with the Christmas cards"! ... but every year it's the same! A race against time and in the end you're always in constant stress and very late, while not identical too late!
I'm so glad that I found this challenge blog and now I have no more excuses * lol *
Thank you so very much Ruth, for your nice comment about my card.
Yours is really beautiful too. Love the big 25 and the snowflakes on the background . The color combo is fantastic!

Rosi x

01 09 10