Saturday 5 January 2013

Bold Flowers Tent Topper Card - Inkspirational Jan Colour Challenge - EOTWE

How exciting - the first ever Inkspirational challenge launched earlier this week!  I'm here today with an EOTWE (end of the week encouragement) post.  Half of the DT post their cards  on the day the weekly challenge goes live (Wednesday) and the other half post on Saturday with an EOTWE post.  That means lots of inspiration for you!  We have a luscious colour challenge for you this week.  You have to play along with this - it's so vibrant and dramatic you just can't resist!  Still not sure?  How about when I tell you if you take part in our first challenge you'll receive a special blog button AND there's a sponsor prize on offer?  Check out the challenge blog for details! 


I opted to make a tent topper card using SU! colours Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade, Basic Black and Whisper White.  The finished card fits into a 5 1/2" square envelope and I cut Melon Mambo CS to 5 1/4" x 7", scoring at 3 1/2", to make the card base.  I added Lucky Limeade striped paper, a black CS strip and some Melon Mambo dotty ribbon.  I've used the 'Herb Window' digi image from A Day for Daisies who are sponsoring the prize for January.  First off I printed the image onto the white, green and pink cardstocks.  On the white card I cut the image around the square frame and stamped the French Script background over the top in black ink and sponged the edges with Lucky Limeade ink.  I then fussy cut the leaves, stem and flowers.  I sponged the edges of the CS with the same colour inks just to add a bit of shading.  The Melon Mambo ink didn't show up too well once the ink had dried so I went back in with Rose Red ink.

I wanted black flower centres and I used a VersaMarker pen on the centres and heat embossed with black embossing powder.  I repeated that step twice more so I got a nice even, glossy finish. I popped up the pink flowers and added some bling for a touch of sparkle.  Before gluing the topper to the tent card I placed the card on the envelope.  You want to ensure the topper doesn't extend too far above the envelope so that the card will fit inside the envelope - ask me how I know LOL - been there, done that! 


Inside I added a white panel with the French Script background stamped on one side.  I used a black marker to add the stripe.  I sponged the edges of the panel with Lucky Limeade ink and added the stamped and die cut label.  I popped some crystals on the label to finish off inside.  A thank you card definitely comes in useful at this time of year!


The envelope got the same treatment as the white panel inside the card.  I then punched ovals to add a name label.


Check out what the rest of the Design Team have made, there's lots to inspire you - just make sure you check out the posts for Saturday AND last Wednesday!  Also, we're having a giveaway, click the Follower Giveaway button in my sidebar to get the details!
 
I really hope you'll join in with our inaugural challenge, I look forward to popping by your blogs to see what you create!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'French Script' background stamp, Hero Arts 'Sending You Love' clear set

Digital image: 'Herb Window' from a Day for Daisies
CS: SU! Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade, Basic Black & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! Lucky Limeade striped paper from In Color DSP stack
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade & Rose Red, VersaMarker pen
Tools: Hero Arts 'Small Tag Frame' Frame Cuts die, SU! plain & scalloped oval punches, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Melon Mambo dotted grosgrain ribbon, SU! Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals


Photobucket

7 comments:

sandie said...

I love this card Ruth! The script is a great touch and the pink ribbon adorable. Such a gorgeous card.

Mynn xx said...

Ruth, your use of the sponsor image is magical! I ADORE this card!!! Beautiful coloring and amazing use of embellishments, dear friend! Thank you SO MUCH for all your hard work at Inkspirational and here's to a wonderful New Year 2013! :)

Marina said...

I love the shape of this card, Ruth and am amazed at the level of care you've taken with the inside and the envelope.Lovely. Receiving this would make someone feel very special.
Marina

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! It was really brilliant of you to print the image on different colored papers and then piece them together. It turned out wonderfully! I also love your green inking and script addition. Looking forward to working with you this year!
- Shauna

Lisbeth K said...

Just beautiful, and such a great shape!!! Love the bow,and the use of script is wonderful :) Looking forward to be working with you this year *HUGS*
Lisbeth

Annette said...

Hi Ruth...
What I can say more as
**** BEAUTIFUL ****

Hugs Annette xx

PS. I love the flowers :))

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh my goodness - this is just wonderful. You've put so much detail and attention into it - its truly a work of art and one that someone would feel very special getting from you. You really worked those colors lady!! Hugs

01 09 10