Friday 25 January 2013

CAS Banner, Doily & Flower Hello Card

This card is so out of my colour comfort zone!  I know yellow and grey is a very popular combo right now but it's never done anything for me.  I don't use yellow or grey very often and would never have thought to put them together.  I do like the projects shown on page 39 of the current UK Stampin' Up! catalogue though - so I challenged myself to make a card with yellow and grey on it - eek! 

I've had the patterned paper for a while and I like it 'cos it's a silvery grey - and it's damask and I think damask is gorgeous!  I die cut the banner, added the partial doily piece, stamped the sentiment and added the ribbon.  I die cut two Daffodil Delight Floral Fusion flowers, sponged the edges with ink, added some shaping and put a black brad in the centre. I popped up the whole banner piece.



Here's the inside and the envelope. 


OK, so there's just a splash of yellow used on the card and I kept it CAS - I didn't want to go too mad!  I don't dislike it but I don't love it either.  I wasn't expecting an epiphany where I would suddenly love grey and yellow together and now I'm not exactly sure WHY I challenged myself to make a card with this combo!  Maybe I felt in the minority for not liking it and wanted to see what I was missing.  Anyway, after some musing I've come to the conclusion that some colour combos just aren't to my taste and that's OK - there's plenty more out there that I love!  Maybe I'll try this combo again one day - maybe not - and either way that's absolutely fine!

Supplies:
Stamps:  SU! Elementary Elegance set
CS:  PaperMania A6 white card blank, SU! Daffodil Delight, Basic Black & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  Echo Park Style Essentilas 'Grey Damask'
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Daffodil Delight
Tools: Sizzix Banners Framelits die, Cheery Lynn French Pastry doily die, SU! Floral Fusion Sizzlits die, small hole punch, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: black ribbon, black brad, 3D foam pads


 photo ruthrainbow2.gif

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Ruth, although this is out of your comfort zone! This is so lovely!
Laura xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

CAS and wonderful.

Margaret said...

I think this card looks very classy and the touch of yellow perfect.
Hugs
Margaret M

01 09 10