Wednesday 2 January 2013

Happy New Year! Plus A Chubby Robin On A Spring Card

Happy New Year everyone, wishing you all happiness and success in 2013!

Today I'm sharing a card I gave to my hubby as a Christmas thank you.  As well as gifts on the day I had 24 mini gifts in the run up to Christmas because Owen bought me an advent gift box.  There were such sweet little surprises in the 24 drawers and one of the gifts was the 'Love You' rubber stamp.  I thought it only fitting to use it on a card for Owen!

I was chuffed when I found out that the sentiment would fit on my chubby robin stamp!  I stamped the robin on watercolour paper, used inks and a wet paintbrush to add colour, stamped the sentiment and cut the robin out.   I added Star Dust Stickles to the mistletoe berries and the hat.  I made a 4 1/4" square Real Red card and used Nestie dies to cut Chocolate Chip, Old Olive and Whisper White layers.  I put a Wobble Action Spring on the back of the robin before attaching it to the white layer.  The spring lays flat for being placed in the envelope but is very boingy when the robin is flicked - it's very satisfying - little things and all that!  I then finished off the front by adding black gem eyes and punched glitter hearts.


The robin stamp set contains lots of sweet little images.  I stamped the mistletoe sprig on a white panel inside the card.  


I then stamped a small robin on a log and cut out the image with circle punches for the envelope flap.  I added Stickles to the snow on the log for that all important sparkle!  This was such a fun card to make and I am happy to say Owen loved the card!


Supplies:
Stamps: Hobby Art Christmas Robins clear set, 'Love you' from unknown maker
CS: SU! Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive & Whisper White, red & silver Glimmer Paper, watercolour paper
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Riding Hood Red, Old Olive & Chocolate Chip
Tools: Square & Labels One Nestabilities dies, SU! Owl Builder punch, circle punches, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: Woodware Action Wobble Spring, Star Dust Stickles, black gems


Photobucket

3 comments:

Mynn xx said...

This is too cute, Ruth!!! LOVE the glittery details and your image is just too cute! :) I hope you join us this month at Technique Tuesday for our 3D Pop-Up Card challenge! We've got prizes!!! HUGS! :)

Louise van Vuren said...

Ruth this little robin is gorgeous - I LOVE him!! Especially knowing that he 'boings' around on a spring. Glad you had such a lovely Christmas time

Louise xx

Margaret said...

This is so sweet! The glittery accents are such a nice touch and I love that the robin bobs around too! Wonderful card!

01 09 10