Thursday 10 January 2013

January 2013 Card Group Projects

Today was our first card group 'crafternoon' of 2013.  I designed 3 cards for the ladies to make and each card features one of my recently acquired crafty goodies! 

I have a thing for lace stamps, not sure why 'cos I don't buy lacy clothing or soft furnishings - but I'm always drawn to lacy stamps for some reason.  The gorgeous SU! Gossamer Lace stamp set went on my wish list as soon as I saw it in the catty and I received it as a Christmas gift.  I stamped it in Crumb Cake ink, cut it out with a circle Nestie die and layered the circle on a Primrose Petals Labels One die cut shape.  I then used my SU! Floral Fusion Sizzlits die to cut a Pretty in Pink layered flower to go in the centre of the lace stamp.  I sponged Primrose Petals ink around each flower layer and added some shaping.  I die cut a couple of Lucky Limeade leaves, sponged the edges of those with Old Olive ink and added a pearl to the flower centre.  I stamped the 'Just for you' onto Pretty in Pink CS and punched it out with the SU! Modern label punch and tucked it underneath the flower.  At the bottom of the card I added a strip of Primrose Petals CS and a Crumb Cake scalloped border cut out using an SU! Finishing Touches Edgelits die.

 
Card two features my new lantern die.  I sponged Scattered Straw and Wild Honey distress inks onto a piece of Very Vanilla CS, cut out a lantern from black CS and glued the vanilla piece behind the lantern.  I stamped the sentiment and then punched the tiny Daffodil Delight flowers.  I added some shaping to the flowers and placed a gem in each flower centre.


Inside I stamped a sentiment and added more flowers.  I thought the 'Wishing you brighter days' wording was perfect to use with the lantern!


Onto card three and it's back to lace!  I saw the Penny Black 'Flight of Thread' cling stamp set a while ago, loved it but didn't buy it.  After Christmas I saw it in a sale at half price so I just had to buy it then!  The set has a bird, butterfly and it's lacy - and it was reduced to £4.40 - what's NOT to love?!

I inked the stamp in Early Espresso and stamped onto Very Vanilla CS and also onto a piece of Pool Party CS.  I trimmed the vanilla panel to fit on the Pool Party A6 card front, sponged the edges with Island Indigo ink and glued it to the card.  I used inks and a blender pen to add a touch of colour to the image.  I cut out the Pool Party bird, sponged on some Island Indigo ink and popped the bird up.  Lesley went one step further and stamped the wing on Pool Party CS, cut it out, sponged it with Indigo ink and popped the wing up as well - which looked great I must say, and I will now be adding a popped up wing to my card!  I then added Early Espresso photo corners to finish.  I didn't want to cover up any of the image so I've left off a sentiment.  I'll add a sentiment to the inside of the card later on, depending on what occasion I use it for - or I'll keep it to use as a note card.  

I think I was kind and eased the ladies gently into the new year.  I didn't give them anything too tricky to do today, just some straightforward stamping, punching and die cutting.  I feel that two step stamping may well feature next month so the dreaded Stamp-a-ma-jig will make an appearance!  I always get groans when they see that LOL!


Here's a photo showing the card with the addition of a popped up wing - just a small thing but it makes a big difference - thank you Lesley!




Supplies for flower just for you card:
Stamps: SU! 'Gossamer Lace', Waltzingmouse Stamps 'Say It With Style' set
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Primrose Petals, Pretty in Pink, Lucky Limeade & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Crumb Cake, Primrose Petals & Old Olive
Tools: Circle Nestie die, Labels One Nestie die, SU! Floral Fusion Sizzlits die, Memory Box Tender Leaves die, SU! Modern Label punch, SU! Finishing Touches Edgelits die, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: Pearl Jewels



Supplies for lantern card:
Stamps: Hobby Art 'Sentiments' clear set
CS: PaperMania cream A6 card blank, SU! Basic Black, Daffodil Delight & Very Vanilla
Ink: Tim Holtz Scattered Straw & Wild Honey Distress Inks, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: Marianne Creatables Lantern die, flower punch from SU! Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, sponges
Embellishments & accessories: Rhinestone Jewels



Supplies for lacy bird card:
Stamps: Penny Black 'Flight of Thread' cling set
CS: SU! Pool Party, Early Espresso & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Early Espresso, Island Indigo & Wild Wasabi, blender pen
Tools: SU! Photo Corners punch, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: Dimensionals


Photobucket

3 comments:

XxJULESxX said...

Oh just gorgeous Ruth!!!

sandie said...

Wow Ruth what a gorgeous collection of cards. I bet the group had so much fun. I especially love the flowers in card one, the inked edges really softens them x

kelly said...

OMG, that lacy bird card is to die for!!! Looks so intricate!
Kelly xx

01 09 10