Wednesday 16 January 2013

Memorable Moments 21st Birthday Card For Naomi

This is the birthday card I made for our friend Naomi's 21st birthday.  I can clearly remember the day Gill, Naomi's mum, told me she was pregnant - eek, I can't believe that was 21 years ago!

I've just got the SU! Memorable Moments set so I got that out to ink up.  I also used some items from the upcoming SU! Sale-a-bration (SAB) promotion - an embossing folder, button and a stamp set.  Oh, and a set of SU! 'Birds and Blooms' Sizzlits dies that I got from eBay in the US.  They're retired from the US catty now and they were never offered for sale here in the UK but they've been on my wish list for some time.  I love the shape of the flower and as there are 3 sizes they layer beautifully.

The colour combo came about because I had a very untidy desk with different colours of CS scattered on it.  I set to work tidying it up and I noticed some Pool Party and Primrose Petals CS on top of some Early Espresso CS and I really liked how they looked together.  I stamped and die cut the label first, stamping the numbers again onto Pool Party CS so I could cut them out and glue them over the top.  I die cut the flowers and leaves, sponged the edges of the flowers with ink and added some shaping.  I used Pretty in Pink CS for the smaller flower and sponged the edges with Primrose Petals ink.  I made a Pool Party side opening A6 card base, embossed a Primrose Petals panel with the Vine Street embossing folder and layered the embossed panel onto an Early Espresso mat.  Before gluing the panel to the card I added some Pool Party ruffled ribbon - it's so pretty!  I popped up the label and the flower.  I threaded a thin strip of Primrose Petals CS through the holes of a Pool Party button and attached that to the flower centre.  I had to add some sparkle in the way of a few rhinestone jewels!


I added a matted panel inside the card and stamped the lovely 'Wishing you many happy moments of discovering new things in life' sentiment.  This is part of a larger stamp that also includes 'have a wonderful birthday' but I wanted to omit that as that wording is a lot larger than the rest of the wording and the sentiment would then have taken up the whole left side of the panel!  I decided I can add that part myself when I write the card.  I stamped a leafy stem (which the embossing folder I used on the front matches!) and added die cut flower shapes and a jewel centre.


Then it was onto the envelope.  The flap got leaves and another flower.


The front got a name label and 3 small flowers.  I think a milestone birthday merits a decorated envelope front plus a flap!  I hope Naomi likes her card, has a very happy birthday, and enjoys a bright future!  


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Memorable Moments', 'Madison Avenue' & 'Four Frames' sets, Stampendous 'Birthday Wish'
CS: SU! Pool Party, Primrose Petals, Pretty in Pink, Early Espresso & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Pool Party, Primrose Petals & Early Espresso
Tools: SU! Labels Collection Framelits dies, SU! Birds & Blooms Sizzlits dies, SU! Vine Street embossing folder, SU! Decorative Label punch, Memory Box Tender Leaves die, Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Pool Party ruffled ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals


Photobucket

4 comments:

sandie said...

Ruth, I just love how you describe how this came together! I adore the centre, great idea to not ink all the stamp and match the embossing folder x

Margaret said...

This card is beautiful the colours go together so well I am sure Naomi will be delighted with it.
So glad my card inspired you to use your bauble embossing folder look forward to seeing what you achieve with it.
Hugs
Margaret M
PS Loved your 52CCT card too

Unknown said...

I really enjoy your site and this post of course. Your card is superb . I love the designs, very captivating result. Anyway, thanks and keep on sharing :)
21st birthday wishes

Unknown said...

Such an interesting post you have here. I love your ideas and especially this 21st birthday wishes card . So simple yet very very captivating .. Love it !! thank you for sharing

01 09 10