Friday 11 January 2013

Pearly Lace Butterfly Thanks Card

This is the card I posted off to Michelle at the Card Grotto to thank her for the lovely Christmas gifts she sent me.   The 4" square card base was made with Rich Razzleberry CS.  I used a pretty lacy butterfly stamp which I inked in VersaMark and then heat embossed with Rubellite pearly embossing powder - it gives a gorgeous pearly effect!  I stamped and embossed again, cut out the butterfly and added some colour by brushing lightly with Pretty in Pink ink and a wet paintbrush.  I glued the butterfly body flat but popped up the wings.  I used Petite Oval Nestie die to mat and layer and the Word Window punch for the sentiment.  I layered the Word Window shape onto the beautifully shaped Bistro Label die - one of the gifts from Michelle!  I added some sparkle by way of a few rhinestone jewels.


I cut a Very Vanilla panel for inside the card, added a stamped flower spray and a sentiment cut out with the SU! Modern Label punch.



I stamped a flowery image in the corner of the envelope and added a name label to finish off.  


Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black 'Flight of Thread' cling set,  'Thanks' from SU! Live Your Dream set, inside sentiment from SU! Sweet Little Sentiments set, Kanban Spring Blooms clear set
CS: SU! Rich Razzleberry, Pretty in Pink & Very Vanilla
Ink: VersaMark, SU! Rich Razzleberry & Pretty in Pink
Tools: Petite Oval Nestabilities dies, Memory Box Bistro Label die, SU! Word Window & Modern label punches

Embellishments & accessories: Stampendous Rubellite PEARLustre opaque embossing powder, SU! Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals

Photobucket

1 comment:

Pia S said...

This is such an elegant card. The butterfly is beautiful and I love the purple color scheme!

01 09 10