Saturday 26 January 2013

Snowflakes Warm Winter Wishes Card - 52 {C}CT Jan Technique Challenge

This week at 52 {C}CT we have a technique challenge for you - and the technique is triple time stamping.  This took the card making world by storm a while back and I think it's a great technique!  Dawn Olchefske has a wonderful video tutorial on the technique here if you'd like to check that out.


I inked up the gorgeous SU! Snowflakes set to create my card and used Midnight Muse, Pool Party, Marina Mist and white for my colour combo.  I love that the Warm Winter Wishes sentiment in the Snowflakes set contrasts warmth against the chilliness of snowflakes!

There's a measurement formula you can choose to follow with the triple time stamping technique to make it easier.  I'll give you my mat and stamped layer measurements and you'll see that the formula is to decrease panel sizes by 1".  You don't have to follow this method though and can opt to make your panels different sizes.  Check out the cards Louise and Danielle from the DT made to see excellent examples.  My card base measures 5 1/4" and then:

Midnight Muse mats were cut at:
4 1/4" square
3 1/4" square

White stamped layers were cut at:
5" square
4" square
3" square

Before gluing the smallest panel down I added a strip of ruffled ribbon and a button.  I just had to add rhinestone jewels to my snowflake centres!


It's hard to tell from the above photo but I dotted a bit of glitter here and there on my snowflakes - just a light dusting of sparkle.  Here's a close up photo.


Here's a photo of the inside of the card and the envelope flap.  I really love this colour combo!


 I really hope you'll try this fab technique and join in with our challenge this week, I'd love to come and see your triple time stamped creations!  There's some great inspiration from the rest of the DT so please check out their cards.  Also this is the last week of the DT call so if you'd like to apply for a spot on the team remember to add DT after your name when linking up your card.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Snowflakes' set, Hero Arts 'Holiday Cheer' clear set
CS: SU! Midnight Muse, Pool Party & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Midnight Muse, Pool Party & Marina Mist
Tools: Circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Pool Party ruffled ribbon, Marina Mist button, Dazzling Diamonds, Rhinestone Jewels


Photobucket

9 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

What a fabulous challenge - I've been meaning to try this technique for ages. Your card is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colours you've used and the touch of sparkle you've added to the snowflakes! Beautiful!

Louise van Vuren said...

Gorgeous card, I love all the 'extras' - the ribbon, the bling and of course the inside of the card ;)
Louise xx

Mynn xx said...

Sorry to steal your theme, Ruth! I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get snowflakes and blue out of my head when making my card for this week...and then I added to card to the post and realized why, LOL!!! I guess you're in my head! ;) This is beautiful and I love the button and ribbon detail! HUGS! :)

Jacqueline said...

This has been a popular colour theme with the DT but so lovely, love your sparkly snowflakes Ruth - another great challenge - Jacqueline xx

SandeeNC said...

I lovethis technique, and I haven't done it in ages! Thanks for reminding me about it! Great color combination and I love how you completed the inside of the card too! Thank you so much for visiting my blog, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Vicky Hayes said...

Just lovely Ruth! I love your sentiment and the addition of the button and ribbon and the inside of the card is gorgeous - could be a card on its own! Vicky x

~Tammy~ said...

Love the beautiful colors! So so pretty! Great technique too!

Danielle Vincent said...

Hi Ruth! I SOOOO seriously love this beautiful card - really everything about it. Love the colors, the snowflakes the ribbon, the shape, the button. It's very very cool! Hugs D

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful card, great images.

01 09 10