Tuesday 22 January 2013

Snowman Merry Christmas Card - Sweet Stop Sketch 194

A day or so ago I came across a card someone had entered into this week's Sweet Stop Sketch 194 challenge and I really liked the look of the sketch.  Also, it's a sketch with a spin and the spin is to use a snowman.  Well, that's right up my street so I had to play along!


My snowman is part of a larger image - this Hero Arts Cupcake Snowman stamp. 
 I stamped the whole image but fussy cut just the snowman part.  I coloured the nose and hat band and added some glitter to the body.  I then made the side opening A6 sized Island Indigo card base and assembled the mat layers using Pool Party, Early Espresso & Island Indigo CS and snowflake patterned paper.  I stamped the sentiment and added Early Espresso stitched ribbon and metal nailhead embellishments.  I opted to place the image panel on the card as a square rather than a diamond shape.  The image panel and the snowman are both popped up.


More patterned paper inside with a stamped sentiment and punched snowflakes.


Here's what happened when I went to take a photo of the envelope.  Suddenly, there was a furry body in front of the envelope.  Obviously, I had spent far too much time photographing cards and it was now time for me to pay attention to my Tingha boy!  


Duly fussed, Tingha obligingly got down from the cabinet and allowed me to take a photo of the envelope.  Can you tell I love that snowflake paper?!  As well as the paper I added a stamped and punched label and a punched snowflake. 


I didn't intend on making a Christmas card this week - aside from my 52 {C}CT DT card - but I just couldn't resist taking part in this challenge!  It's a fab sketch layout and it seemed fitting to make a snowman card while we have snow on the ground!  Also, I'm always happy to add another Christmas card to the box!

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Cupcake Snowman', SU! 'Seasonal Wishes' & 'Four Frames' sets, Hero Arts 'Holiday Cheer' clear set
CS: SU! Island Indigo, Pool Party, Early Espresso & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  Bo Bunny Snowfall 'Drift'
Ink: SU! Early Espresso, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie, blender pen
Tools: Square Nestabilities dies, SU! Decorative Label punch, Fiskars snowflake punch, Perfect Layers, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Early Espresso stitched ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, metal nailheads, 3D foam tape


 photo ruthsnowman.gif

3 comments:

sandie said...

Third Xmas card Thu week, your Xmas box will be super full soon! The snowflake paper is pretty cool and love the adorable snowman!

Faye said...

Your cat is gorgeous!! :) So is your lovely frosty card. I love the blues. Thanks so much for playing at The Sweet Stop. x

Cathymac said...

Very cute...love how you cropped the snowman image to fit the sketch! Your patterned papers are very pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week, Ruth!

01 09 10