Saturday 12 January 2013

Spotted Winter Merry Christmas Card - 52 {C}CT Jan Colour Challenge

This week at 52 {C}CT the colour challenge features one of my favourite colour combos for Christmas cards!


I've inked up a new Penny Black stamp I got half price in a sale at my LSS - I do love a bargain!  I inked the stamp with VersaMark, stamped onto Whisper White CS and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I then added Pale Plum, Perfect Plum and Elegant Eggplant inks to the panel using sponges.  I switched to a sponge dauber to edge the panel with Eggplant ink.  You can't tell from the photo but I added some shimmer to the panel by spritzing it with silver glimmer mist.  I layered onto a metallic silver mat, added some ribbon and layered onto an Elegant Eggplant mat.  I made a 5" x 7" white card base, attached the fishtail flag sentiment banner to the panel with a silver brad, glued the panel to the card and used Dimensionals to pop up the banner.  I die cut two more fishtail flag banners to make a decorative element, attached them together with silver brads and glued the element to the card to finish off the front.


For the inside of the card I stamped and die cut a layered sentiment banner.  I then added a punched snowflake with a silver nailhead centre.  I used the same snowflake punch and circle punches for the element on the envelope flap.  


I do hope you'll play along with us at 52 {C}CT this week using this lovely combo, I'd love to pop by your blogs and check out what you've made!  The DT call is still going on too so if you want to apply for a spot on the team you'll need to get your entries in!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Penny Black 'Spotted Winter', 'Merry Christmas' from SU! 'Owl Occasions' set, inside sentiment from Hero Arts 'Very Merry Christmas' clear set
CS: Craftwork Card Softies 'Alabaster', SU! Elegant Eggplant & Whisper White, Canford silver CS

Ink: VersaMark, SU! Pale Plum, Perfect Plum & Elegant Eggplant
Tools: MFT Fishtail Flags Stax die, Sizzix Banners die, X Cut snowflake punch, circle punches, sponges & sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: Tattered Angels Silver Glimmer Mist, SU! Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon, silver brads, silver nailheads,Dimensionals


Photobucket

6 comments:

sandie said...

Great colour combo Ruth and the stamp looks great heat embossed in white! I think I have an idea so may join you!

Deborah Frings said...

I love the resist technique - this makes the tree look like it's covered with snow! Lovely!

Rocky said...

Love those colours, they're SO pretty with the tree. Cards with few colours are really elegant.

Mynn xx said...

Ruth, I so LOVE these colors that you've chosen for use this week!!! LOVE that tree--what a fabulous find! Your use of the resist technique is beautiful and just a wonderful overall design! HUGS and happy weekend! :)

Danielle Vincent said...

Wow Ruth that tree looks so fabulous in that purple panel. Gorgeous card! Love the colors you picked this week for us :o)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful card, love the white embossed pine tree.

01 09 10