Monday 11 February 2013

Butterfly Thanks So Much Cabinet Card

I was making this card for my monthly card group using the butterfly stamp from the SU! Creative Elements set.


I knew the design on the butterfly was familiar but I couldn't place it.  All afternoon it just kept nagging away at me.  Eventually it came to me, the design matches one of the stamps in the Delicate Doilies set.  Well, after that I just had to make a card combining the two sets, I absolutely had to get it out of my system LOL!  As the Plum and Eggplant CS and inks were out on my desk already I took the easy option and stuck with that combo.

Shaped cards are a fave of mine and I decided to use my Vintage Cabinet die to make the card base with Perfect Plum CS.  I then used the Mini Cabinet die to cut an Elegant Eggplant mat layer.  I stamped the doily in Perfect Plum ink onto Pale Plum CS, cut it out with the 2 1/2" circle punch and glued it to the mat.  I stamped the sentiment and cut it out in a half circle shape with a 1 3/4" circle punch and glued that to the Mini Cabinet shape.  Then I stamped the butterfly in Eggplant ink on Pale Plum CS, fussy cut it out, glued the body to the card, popped the wings up and added a rhinestone jewel.  


I then cut a Pale Plum Vintage Cabinet shape, trimmed a tad off the left hand side and glued that inside the card.  A stamped butterfly and a jewel finished off the inside.


For the envelope flap I stamped a smaller doily from the Delicate Doilies set, cut it out with a circle punch and added a die cut embossed butterfly and jewel. The finished card size is 5" x 4" and I used an envelope a tad over 5" square.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Delicate Doilies', 'Creative Elements' & 'Watercolor Trio' sets
CS: SU! Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant & Pale Plum
Ink: SU! Perfect Plum & Elegant Eggplant
Tools: Sizzix Tim Holtz 'Vintage Cabinet' die, 'Small Cabinet' Movers & Shapers die, SU! 2 1/2" & 1 3/4" circle punches, SU! Beautiful Wings Embosslits die

Embellishments & accessories: SU! Rhinestone Jewels

 photo BagSwingRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10