Monday 18 February 2013

Butterfly With Best Wishes Card

This is a card I made for a friend I knew would be going through an ordeal and I wanted to let them know I was thinking of them and wishing them well.  I made this calendar easel card with my card group a little while ago

 

and I had some pre cut paper pieces and ribbon left over that didn't get used on the day.  These bits ended up in my 'bits for cards' box and rather than just leaving the pretties neglected in the box I resolved to use them on a card! I also need to resolve to use more bits from the box - it's filling up again!

I made a 5 1/4" square Crumb Cake card base and glued the dark brown damask paper to the front.  I stamped the butterfly in Early Espresso ink onto Cajun Craze CS, cut it out with the matching die and then spritzed gold shimmer mist onto it.  I always place my items to be spritzed in a shoe box and this time after spritzing I used my heat gun to dry the spray on the butterfly.  It was like having a real butterfly flitting about inside the box as the air from the heat gun made it move about so much LOL!  I folded up the wings a wee bit, glued the body flat but put Dimensionals under each wing.  Before gluing the butterfly square to the card I added the lace ribbon and a button I'd threaded with linen thread.  I stamped the sentiment, cut it out with a label die and added dark brown pearls to finish the card front.


Inside I stamped the sentiment onto a Very Vanilla panel and added more patterned paper and another stamped, die cut and spritzed butterfly.


I punched circles and added yet another butterfly for the envelope flap - you can never have too many butterflies!  After spritzing I let these two smaller butterflies air dry naturally rather than blasting them with my heat gun!


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts/Sizzix 'Antique Flowers & Butterflies'  stamp & die set, Hobby Art 'Sentiments' clear set, Woodware 'Special Wishes' clear set
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze & Very Vanilla

Patterned paper:  Kaisercraft 'With Love' from Sweet Nothings collection, Echo Park Style Essentials 'Brown Damask'
Ink: SU! Early Espresso
Tools: dies from Hero Arts/Sizzix 'Antique Flowers & Butterflies' stamp & die set, Spellbinder's Labels Trio die, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: 'Heirloom Gold' Perfect Pearl Mist, brown pearls, button, SU! 'Chantilly' lace ribbon, Linen Thread, Dimensionals


 photo ruthBF2.gif

1 comment:

Michelle Short said...

Beautiufl calendar and card Ruth, stunning butterfly xx

01 09 10