Saturday 2 February 2013

Decorated Glass Candle Jar - Inkspirational Challenge #5

It's an Anything Goes challenge at Inkspirational this week.  I decided I wanted to do something other than a card and sat musing in my craft room wondering what to do.  I spied a ginger and lime scented candle in a glass jar that I bought a couple of months ago which I intended gussying up a bit.  Needless to say, it has sat on a shelf in my craft room untouched all these weeks so I thought it was about time I did something with it!

I hit upon the idea of wrapping a patterned paper strip around the glass holder and adding a felt flower embellishment.  I picked out some coloured felt pieces and die cut some flowers and leaves. The darker felt is a good match to the SU! Rich Razzleberry colour so I added a strip of Razzleberry ribbon underneath the patterned paper strip.  I attached the two flower shapes together by sewing on a Rich Razzleberry button and hot glued two leaves behind.  I then hot glued the whole flower element to the glass holder.    


Here's a side view.   


Here's a front view.


I hope you can join in with our Anything Goes Inkspirational challenge this week, the other members of the DT will have great projects to inspire you!  At Inkspirational we're more than happy to see non card projects, you can create anything crafty you like for any of our challenges!  I can't be the only one that has a stash of 'things to do something crafty with one day'!

Supplies:
Patterned paper: SU! Snow Festival DSP
Tools:
PTI Leaf Prints Collection die, PTI Beautiful Blooms II #1 Die Collection dies, hot glue gun
Embellishments & accessories: Premium Wool Blend Felt from Paper & String, SU! Rich Razzleberry ribbon, Rich Razzleberry button, Whisper White baker's twine



 photo ruth3.gif

9 comments:

Annette said...

Hi Ruth....oh so lovely your candle glass...I love it too to pimp up something ...

Hugs Annette xx

Unknown said...

Ruth your candle holder makes me think of spring, and on this cold day, believe me that is a welcome thought for this southern girl! LOL. I do love the paper strips and especially that yummy flower! LOVE IT!!!

sandie said...

Fabulous Ruth. I adore candles and keep meaning to try something like this. Your idea of using felt for the flower really works. This would be an adorable gift.

Anonymous said...

What a fun project Ruth! This would make a beautiful gift. I love the purple and green color combination and your felt flower is fabulous! Very well done!
- Shauna

Mynn xx said...

Ruth, this is perfect! LOVE this--I love "gussying" up things for my home, too! The felt was a fabulous find!!! Hmmm...I wonder why you were buying felt? LOL!!! Gorgeous, friend! :)

Kylie said...

Great idea, Ruth. This is awesome. I too have little projects like this I must start! Thanks for the inkspiration xx

Marina said...

Hi Ruth
This is lovely. The felt flower is fantastic and it all makes the candle really special.
Marina

Lisbeth K said...

Lovely candle holder! What a great idea! I have no felt, but I have loads and loads of flowers that I can use insted :D So much to be inspired by in your blog, I keep looking around :D

Lisa Elton said...

Ruth your candle is jusr darling! I love the rich colors you chose and of course those sweet polka dots!

01 09 10