Thursday 21 February 2013

Honeycomb & Bees Thanks Card

I just recently got the SU! Honeycomb embossing folder and as soon as I got it I knew I wanted to pair it with a sweet bee stamp from a Hero Arts set I have.  I stamped the bees, die cut them, coloured the stripes with a Daffodil Delight marker and added Star Dust Stickles to their wings so they sparkle.  I embossed a piece of Daffodil Delight CS, cut a section of honeycomb out and glued it to a white panel.  I stamped the sentiment,  matted and layered the white panel, added the ribbon and bow and attached the whole thing to the front of the card.  I then popped the bees up.


Here's the inside and the envelope flap with more cut out honeycomb and popped up bees.  I very rarely use yellow but I have to say I do like a little bit of it used together with black and white. Next time, I'm going to use some yellow Core'dinations CS with the honeycomb folder so I can scuff it and bring out the embossed detail, I think that will look good!


Supplies:
Stamps: 'Thanks!' from SU! 'Vintage Verses' set, bee from Hero Arts 'Garden Flowers' stamp & die combo set, Hero Arts 'Thank You Messages' clear set
CS: SU! Daffodil Delight, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Daffodil Delight
Tools: SU! Honeycomb embossing folder, bee die from Hero Arts 'Garden Flowers' stamp & die combo set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Daffodil Delight stitched ribbon, Star Dust Stickles, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Dimensionals


 photo ruthpbcat.gif

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Hi Ruth, love the bee stamp - he looks great in the honeycomb embossing. For me it was a toss up between that folder and the clouds - the clouds won but I may just have to add the honeycomb to my next order! - Jacqueline xx

Danielle Vincent said...

I am so loving this Ruth! It's absolutely fun, colorful and gorgeous all at the same time.

Rosmarie said...

I love it! Just yellow and black on a white card, it's gorgeous!
Today I had a SU workshop at home, and I ordered this superb folder!

Rosi x

01 09 10