Friday 15 February 2013

Quint-Essential Flower Thank You Card

This is a card I made for a friend to thank her for the SU! order she placed with me.  How exciting, I got to play with some new goodies - the Quint-Essential Flower stamp and the Borders Scoring Plate!

I made the card a tad over 4" square and used Primrose Petals CS.  I used Pool Party, Primrose Petals and Midnight Muse inks to stamp the flower, used various circle punches to cut out the flower parts and assembled the flower, popping up a couple of the circles.  I popped the whole flower up on a 2 1/2" Pool Party punched circle, added a rhinestone to the centre and stamped the sentiment underneath.  I then flipped the card over and used the Borders Scoring Plate to emboss the card front with the scallop and dot design - I thought that went perfectly with the outside border of the Quint-Essential Flower stamp!  Wow, the overlay makes it SO easy to emboss a design, I'm very happy with my new toy tool!


Here's the inside and envelope flap.  I love that you can vary the design by punching out fewer or more circles from the flower!

 
Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Quint-Essential Flower' stamp & 'Curly Cute' set
CS: SU! Primrose Petals, Pool Party & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Primrose Petals, Pool Party & Midnight Muse
Tools: SU! 2 3/8" Scallop, 1 3/4" Scallop, 2 1/2", 1", 3/4" & 1/2" circle punches, SU! Simply Scored Borders Scoring Plate

Embellishments & accessories: SU! Jewel Rhinestone, Dimensionals

 photo CardFuchsiaRuth.gif

1 comment:

sandie said...

Yeh, new toys! You know I love the scoring, what a fabulous finishing touch. And the colours you have used, to me, suggests this could be for a guy too. I love the layering and how you have popped up some of these x

01 09 10