Tuesday 5 March 2013

Fabric Dress Happy Birthday Card

Today I'm showing you another dress card - this time I've used some SU! Spice Cake fabric to make the dress.  It really appeals to me that you can use fabric, it makes the dresses seem more authentic somehow!  I've used Pool Party, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla as my colour combo.  Soft Suede is one of those colours that I did not like at first - I'm warming up to it used as an accent colour though!  Time will tell if the same thing will happen with Summer Starfruit - I think it's highly unlikely, bleurgh!

The card measures 5 3/4" square and I added a Large Scallop die cut border to the top of the card.  I cut a Top Note shape from Very Vanilla CS and embossed the lower half of it with the Lacy Brocade folder.  I added a narrow strip of Soft Suede CS and stamped the sentiment.  I die cut the dress form from Crumb Cake CS.  To make the dress I adhered a piece of fabric to a piece of CS using some double sided adhesive sheet and I then die cut the dress shape.  I've used some pretty Pool Party ribbon and a button to embellish my dress.  I popped the dress form up - I glued the bottom flat to the card though so it doesn't get caught up while going in and out of an envelope.  I then made some shabby flowers using shapes from the Boho Blossoms punch.  I sponged each flower with Soft Suede ink, spritzed them with water and scrunched them up to get the shabby look.  Once the flowers had dried, I glued them to the Top Note shape and added jewels to the centres.


I cut a Very Vanilla panel for inside the card and added a strip of Spice Cake paper and a narrow strip of Pool Party CS.  I covered the envelope flap with the same paper to finish off.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Wacky Wishes' set
CS: SU! Pool Party, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake & Very Vanilla

Patterned paper:  SU! Spice Cake DSP
Ink: SU! Soft Suede
Tools: SU! Top Note die, Dress Up Framelits dies, Large Scallop Edgelits die, Lacy Brocade embossing folder, Boho Blossoms punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Spice Cake fabric, Pool Party ribbon & button, Jewel Rhinestones, Dimensionals, Woodware
double sided adhesive sheet

 photo ruth.gif

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

This is just too stunning for words Ruth - this set was made for you! - Jacqueline xx

sandie said...

Fabulous Ruth, I love the added button and such an adorable envelope, hope you are o.k x

SandeeNC said...

What a CUTE card, I just love her dress! Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for visiting my blog! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Mynn xx said...

Well, well, look at you getting fancy with fabric! LOVE this--the button and ribbon detail are smashing! LOVE! :)

01 09 10