Friday 8 March 2013

Set Of Doily & Butterfly Thank You Cards

These are the thank you cards I gave to the card group ladies who placed an SU! workshop order with me.  I made all 7 cards the same.  Making multiples of cards is not something I do often but I find it extremely satisfying to look at a pile of identical cards when they're finished!

The cards measure a tad over 4" square and I used So Saffron CS for the card bases.  I used Rich Razzleberry CS for the mat layers and I added Crumb Cake borders using the Lace Ribbon Border punch.  The 'thank you' stamp is from the SU! Embellished Events set and I stamped in Rich Razzleberry ink.  I stamped the doilies onto Very Vanilla CS using Crumb Cake ink and punched them out with a 2 1/2" circle punch.  I stamped the butterflies in Rich Razzleberry ink, fussy cut them, glued them to the centres of the doilies and added a jewel rhinestone. 


Each card got a butterfly stamped inside and each envelope had a stamped and punched small doily added to the flap.


I think Saffron and Razzleberry make a striking combo.  A lovely friend gave me a bunch of rainbow tulips last week and there were some large yellow tulips and smaller purple ones together in the bunch which made an inspiring impression on me! 
  
Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Delicate Doilies', 'Creative Elements' & 'Embellished Events' sets
CS: SU! So Saffron, Rich Razzleberry, Crumb Cake & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Rich Razzleberry & Crumb Cake
Tools: SU! Lace Ribbon Border punch, 2 1/2" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Rhinestone Jewels


 photo FlowerLetterRuth.gif

1 comment:

Kylie said...

These are just gorgeous, Ruth! I love the colours you have chosen. Very, very pretty!! xx

01 09 10