Monday 8 April 2013

Field Flowers Happy Birthday CASEd Card

I really love the card on page 181 of the UK SU! catalogue made with the Field Flowers set and I decided I'd  CASE it.  It gave me the chance to use the Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack which I've had for a while but not got around to using yet.  Yeah, I really like the style but I'm not keen on the colours  - I'm not a fan of yellow and orange!  I used Primrose Petals and Midnight Muse for my card.

I made the A6 sized card with the fold at the side 'cos they stand up better than tent fold cards that have the fold at the top.  However, that creates a small issue if you want to wrap ribbon around the card - but I solved that issue by cutting a small slit in the spine, threading the ribbon through and I then tied a bow.   I stamped the solid flowers after inking the stamp with Primrose Petals ink and stamping off twice and then I stamped the outline flowers in full strength Primrose Petals ink.  I fussy cut the three flowers, glued one flat to the Apothecary Accents die cut shape and popped the two front flowers up.  I then popped the whole white shape up on the card front.  I added the birthday sentiment banner and some rhinestone jewels to finish off the front.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.  These flowers from the Field Flowers set are just so beautiful!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Field Flowers & Itty Bitty Banners sets
CS: SU! Primrose Petals & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Primrose Petals, Midnight Muse & Lucky Limeade
Tools: SU! Apothecary Accents Framelits die, Large Scallop Edgelits die, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack & Paper-Piercing Tool
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Midnight Muse Stitched Satin ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals


 photo ruthiecatinbra.gif

1 comment:

Pia S said...

You've done a great job inking and fussy cutting these lovely flowers! And I do love your attention to details, so often including the decorating of the envelope too!

01 09 10