Monday 29 April 2013

Rosy Thinking Of You Shadow Box Card

Our dear friend Gill is going through a very difficult time right now and I made this card to say we're thinking of her and to let her know how much she means to us.  I really struggled with what to do at first but then I decided to make an unusual card and to make it pretty.  The SU! Stippled Blossoms set is perfectly pretty so I reached for that and made a shadow box card.  I love shadow box cards and it's been too long since I made one.  They're dimensional yet fold flat to go in an envelope and they're easy to make too.  There's a tutorial here on Splitcoast Stampers if you'd like to check it out.

I used Pool Party CS to make the card base.  The white inside piece was embossed with a brick folder.  I then reached for my Stamp-a-ma-jig and got busy stamping and fussy cutting.  I inked the solid flowers with Rich Razzleberry ink, stamping off twice on scrap paper before stamping onto my CS and I stamped the outline flowers with full strength Rich Razzleberry ink over the top.  I used Lucky Limeade ink stamped off once for the solid leaves and full strength Limeade ink for the outlines.  I made a frame for my circle aperture and after gluing that to the card front I popped up the roses.  I cut Bitty Butterflies from Pool Party and Rich Razzleberry CS and layered a vellum punched butterfly over each of them.  I glued the butterflies to the frame and added rhinestones to the bodies.



Here's a view from the top so you can see how the card is put together..




 I cut a white panel for the back of the card, stamped the sentiment and added stamped and fussy cut flowers and leaves.  I also added a small flower and leaf to the envelope flap.


Here's the front of the envelope with a rosy layered name label and a popped up large rose with leaves.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Stippled Blossoms', 'Sweet Essentials' & 'Four Frames' sets, Hobby Art 'Sentiments' clear set
CS: SU! Pool Party, Rich Razzleberry & Whisper White, vellum CS
Ink: SU! Rich Razzleberry & Lucky Limeade
Tools: Plain circle Nestabilities dies, Tim Holtz Brick embossing folder, SU! Decorative Label & Bitty Butterfly punches, SU! Simply Scored, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I wouldn't have thought of these colors together, but they're beautiful! What a wonderful card! It's sure to lift the spirits!

Shirl said...

Gorgeous shadow box card Ruth. Loved it so much I just cased it and shared on my fb page and will go up on my blog shortly as well (with full credit and a link back to your blog). Thanks for sharing and the inspiration too xo Shirl

01 09 10