Saturday 11 May 2013

CAS Poinsettia Trio Merry Christmas Card - 52 {C}CT May Colour Challenge

This week at 52 {C}CT we have a fab colour combo challenge for you.  We want to see just those two colours this week so red and white only in your entries please!

 
I love red and white together, it's so crisp! I went with a CAS, no layers, card design.  It may be a CAS design but it certainly wasn't quick, there was a lot of stamping, heat embossing and fussy cutting involved!  I inked the poinsettia with VersaMark, stamped several times onto Bo Bunny red Double Dot papers, heat embossed with white powder and got busy fussy cutting.  I attached the layers of each poinsettia together with a white brad in the flower centre.  I masked the sentiment before inking and stamping as I only wanted part of it on the card front.  I attached the poinsettias to the card front with large glue dots to finish the front. 


I masked the sentiment again and stamped just the portion I wanted inside the card and stamped more poinsettias.


Yet more poinsettias on the front of the envelope!


I hope you'll add yet another Christmas card to your stash by playing along with our colour challenge at 52 {C}CT this week.  Remember to check out the other DT member's cards as they'll have lots to inspire you!  I'm looking forward to seeing your festive red and white cards!

Supplies:
Stamps: Poinsettia from Personal Impressions, Hero Arts 'Holiday Cheer' clear set
CS: PaperMania white square card blank

Patterned paper:  Bo Bunny 'Wild Berry' & 'Harvest' Double Dot papers
Ink: VersaMark, SU! Real Red
Tools: heat tool, paper piercer
Embellishments & accessories: white embossing powder, white brads, glue dots


 photo ruthcatonbranch.gif

10 comments:

Autumn Mist said...

Wow what a stunning creation, well worth the effort. Almost too good to give away!

Pia S said...

My favorite colors for Christmas cards are red and white - I just love the traditional feel of them! I also love poinsettias (although I had to buy some fake ones, 'cause I can't seem to keep the real ones alive for more than a week!). Realy classy and elegant card!

Rocky said...

WOW! Stunning card Ruth.

Deborah Frings said...

Wow! I love, love these poinsettia - bold and crisp! And the inside and envelope are just as lovely!

Mynn xx said...

STUNNING use of white embossing, Ruth! Gorgeous card--fabulous CAS feel and wonderful layering! HUGS and have a great week! :)

Louise van Vuren said...

Wow, those poinsettias are amazing! Such a fantastic card, I don't think I would want to give it away, well at least it would have to be for someone very special. Love it!

Louise xx

Danielle Vincent said...

Excuse me please while I pick my jaw up from the floor. This is so stunning Ruth - I am in complete open mouthed awe of it! Those flowers are just amazing. A totally elegant and fabulous card, inside and out (envelope too). Hugs D

Patricia Hays said...

I'd call this card a labor of love! ;) The poinsettias turned out wonderfully with all their layers and embossing! Kudos to you for decorating the inside of the card and the envelope, too - I never make time for that. Excellent job all around!

sarahstone said...

I love how the white "veins" of the poinsettia leaves pop against the red cardstock! All that work was not wasted. Your card turned out beautifully!

Rosmarie said...

Only red and white, as requested!
Not an ounce of black,
.... your card is really stunning and so elegant!

Rosi x

01 09 10