Monday 20 May 2013

CAS Purple Fabric Dress Thank You Card

Sweet Michelle from the Card Grotto sent me a beautiful card and some pretty crafty goodies as a gift for my birthday last month and this is the thank you card I sent to her.  I know Michelle likes purple and I just happen to have some purple and silver fabric in my stash that I thought would be perfect for a dress!  It's been a couple of weeks since I featured a dress card on the blog - I'm not QUITE so obsessed now LOL!

I die cut the dress form and the leaves from silver metallic card and die cut the dress and flower using the fabric.   I used some self adhesive white lace trim as a bodice detail and added silver lurex ribbon and a flower shaped button as a sash.  I stamped the lace strip in silver pigment ink onto a separate piece of CS, heat set it with my heat tool and cut it out.  I added the leafy stem to the lace strip, placed a rhinestone brad in the flower centre and popped the flower up.


Here's a close up photo so you can see the pattern of the fabric more clearly.  The metallic silver spattering looks so lovely against the purples!


Here's the inside with a sentiment, another lace strip and a sweet die cut handbag with a tiny rhinestone brad embellishment.


Here's the front of the envelope - more stamped lacy loveliness - I do love a pretty lace stamp!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Curly Cute' & 'Sweet Essentials' sets, SU! 'Viola's Lace' wheel stamp & ''Gossamer Lace' stamp
CS: PaperMania A6 white card blank, SU! Elegant Eggplant & Whisper White, Canford metallic silver CS
Ink: SU! Elegant Eggplant, Encore metallic silver pigment ink
Tools: SU! Dress Up Framelit dies, Little Leaves Sizzlits die & Boho Blossoms punch, Memory Box Chic Bag die, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: Woodware double sided adhesive sheet, rhinestone brads, silver lurex ribbon, DoveCraft flower shaped button, Woodware white self adhesive lace, Dimensionals


 photo ruthrainbow2.gif

1 comment:

Michelle Short said...

I lOVE my card, thank you so much! It is gorgeous and I love the dress. I want one exactly like that in real life!! :0) You are very welcome for your card and little gifts. Thank you again for my gorgeous card! xx

01 09 10