Wednesday 8 May 2013

Punch Art Teddy Bear Congratulations Card

This congratulations card is for Zoe who recently became Mum to baby Jack.  I thought a punch art teddy bear would be great for a baby card - thanks so much to Joanne for the instructions!

I used the Owl Builder, 3/4" circle and 1/2" circle punches to make the bear.  I inked the edges of all the Crumb Cake pieces with Soft Suede ink and then assembled teddy.  I stamped the border from the Summer Silhouettes set onto Pool Party CS with Pool Party ink.  The border wasn't long enough so I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig and stamped twice in order to extend the border.  I stamped the sentiment, glued the Pool Party panel to the Very Vanilla panel, added a narrow Early Espresso CS strip and layered onto an Espresso mat.  I tucked the bottom of the teddy behind the Pool Party panel and used Dimensionals to pop up his body and head.  I added the ribbon and buttons and glued the Espresso panel to the 4 3/4" square Crumb Cake card base.  I applied Crystal Effects to the eyes and heart so they're raised and glossy.


Here's the inside of the card with an oldie but goodie baby card sentiment, some dotty Pool Party paper and a couple of glossy hearts.


I decided to make an envelope from Crumb Cake CS to match the card.  To make a 5" square envelope I cut the CS 8" square and used the Simply Scored and Diagonal Plate to score on all four sides at 3 5/8".  I glued a stamped and punched label to the front of the envelope.


Here's the back of the envelope with Pool Party dotty paper on the flap and an office envelope type closure made with punched circles, brads and linen thread.


My very sweet friend and neighbour Kath is always knitting baby clothes and I asked if I could commission her to make something for Zoe's baby.  Kath knitted a jumper from a pattern I chose, oh my word, the wool is SO soft and fluffy, I just kept picking the jumper up and feeling it!  In the end I had to wrap it up as it's white and I didn't want to risk getting it grubby before I'd handed it over to Zoe!     

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Sweet Essentials', 'Summer Silhouettes' & 'Four Frames' sets, inside sentiment from Stampendous
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Early Espresso & Very Vanilla

Patterned paper:  SU! In Color DSP stack
Ink: SU! Pool Party, Soft Suede & Early Espresso, Early Espresso marker
Tools: SU! Owl Builder, 3/4" circle, 1/2" circle, Itty Bitty circle, Decorative Label & Heart to Heart punches,  Simply Scored & Diagonal Plate, Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories:  SU! Pool Party satin ribbon, Crystal Effects, Neutrals Brads, Linen Thread, buttons, Dimensionals


 photo duckyruth2.gif

2 comments:

sandie said...

oh Ruth I love everything about this but the inside and envelope just make it all so special and for a new baby that is how it should be!!

Pia S said...

This is really cute - what a great card to welcome a baby! I like the use of buttons on the front of your card, and the inside and envelope match the card front perfectly!

01 09 10