Tuesday 23 July 2013

Dotty Flowers Happy Birthday Card

My friend Kath asked me to make a personalised birthday card for her friend Gladys.  I'd recently seen this fab card made by Mynnette which I loved and I took the opportunity to CASE her card. It was too hot for heat embossing though, I just couldn't bear to use my heat tool, I stamped the flowers in black ink instead!

I started off by stamping flowers and leaves onto Bo Bunny Double Dot papers and fussy cut them all out.  I computer generated the sentiment using the Grand Hotel font and cut that out with a flag die.  I embossed Marina Mist CS with the Honeycomb folder, Rose Red CS with the Lacy Brocade folder and glued the two panels to a 5 1/4" square white card base.  I cut a slit in the spine of the card so I could thread Rose Red seam binding ribbon around the card and I added Marina Mist grosgrain ribbon over the top.  I curled the leaves and glued them to the card front and popped up the flowers and sentiment flag.


Here's the inside and the envelope with a sentiment and more popped up dotty flowers. 


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Sew Me Jewel Flowers' clear set, Penny Black 'Lovely Day'
CS: PaperMania 5 1/4" square white card blank, SU! Marina Mist, Rose Red & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  Bo Bunny Double Dot 'Raspberry', 'Frost' & 'Avocado'
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Rose Red
Tools: SU! 'Honeycomb' & 'Lacy Brocade' embossing folders, MFT Fishtail Flags Stax die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Rose Red seam binding ribbon, Marina Mist grosgrain ribbon, Dimensionals


 photo CatGingerRuth.gif


1 comment:

Pia S said...

A lovely version of Mynnette's card. What I like about both of them are the beautiful, bold colors! I've always loved sketches, and since I was introduced to CASEing through the Inkspirational Challenges they've become one of my favorites too... There is so much inspiration to be found in the work of others.

01 09 10