Saturday 27 July 2013

Ornament Trio Season's Greetings Card - 52 {C}CT July Embellishment Challenge

We have a fun embellishment challenge for you at 52 {C}CT this week, Patricia has chosen stitching and you can use real or faux stitching.  Thank goodness Patricia is allowing faux - in my craft room it's faux stitching or no stitching LOL !

 

The SU! paper piercing templates make faux stitching so easy and ensure your stitches are even so they were a 'must use' tool for this card.  My card base measures 5 3/4" square and was made with Raspberry Ripple CS.  I die cut two Window Frame shapes, glued them to a Crumb Cake panel, laid the piercing template over the shapes and pierced around the outside.  I used an Early Espresso marker to add my faux stitches.  I stamped and die cut three ornaments, pierced and faux stitched hangers and popped the ornaments up.  I stamped the sentiment, layered the Crumb Cake panel onto an Early Espresso mat and glued it to the card front.  I attached two punched photo corners and completed the card front by adding some bling.


I die cut a Very Vanilla Window Frame shape for inside the card, stamped the sentiment and added more piercing and faux stitching.  I stamped and die cut three ornaments for the envelope flap and drew dots with an Early Espresso marker for hangers.


I hope you'll join us at 52 {C}CT for this fun challenge, I'm looking forward to seeing your seasonal stitchery!  Do check out the fab cards made by the other DT members to inspire you!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Ornament Keepsakes' set, 'Season's Greetings' from SU! 'Something for Christmas' stamp, Stampendous 'Christmas Cheer'
CS: SU! Raspberry Ripple, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, Early Espresso & Old Olive
Tools: SU! Window Frame & Holiday Ornaments Framelits dies, Photo Corners punch, Festive Paper Piercing Pack, paper piercer
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals


 photo FlowerLetterRuth.gif 

7 comments:

Rosmarie said...

Inside and out, your card is beautiful! You even decorated the envelope, ..... what generosity!
I love these christmas balls surounded with the faux stitching.
Thank you for your allways so nice comments.
Hugs Rosi

sarahstone said...

I love your trio of ornaments. Your card looks veery classy. Great job, Ruth!

Deborah Frings said...

Love the way you used pierced the paper and inked in the stitches - looks so real! Love the colours too! As always, I think the coordinating inside and envelope are just lovely!

Mynn xx said...

I absolutely LOVE these colors together, Ruth!!! The ornaments are fabulous, too! HUGS and have a great rest of the weekend! :)

Pia S said...

NICE stitching! It really is a great feature of this elegant design!

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous,beautiful and elegant - as always - Jacqueline xx

Patricia Hays said...

I like the look of the pierced holes in between the faux stitches. As always, you've also done a fabby job decorating the inside of the card, and the envelope too!

01 09 10