Thursday 15 August 2013

Mosaic Madness Quartet Of Cards

My friend Jan got the Mosaic Madness stamps, punch and embossing folder and then found she was a bit stumped as to what to make with them - she hadn't even mounted the stamps.  I browsed Pinterest and collected a few images for her to look at and said that if if she lent me the goodies for a few days I'd make a few cards for her.   I got to play with new goodies and Jan gets ideas as to what she can do with her goodies, I think that's a win win situation!

This first card is based on this one made by Kate Martin.  Jan loved it immediately and asked if I'd definitely make that one.  It's such a pretty card, I was very happy to oblige!  Kate used Soft Sky for her card but I used Pool Party instead and added a tad of Smoky Slate.


Here's the inside and envelope.


Card two is based on this one made by Rach W.  How clever to use the mosaic patterns to make a Christmas tree!  I've added some seasonal sparkle by using SU! red and champagne Glimmer Papers.  The sentiment label and some of the mosaic shapes are popped up.  The pot was made with a Woodware punch. The card base is Real Red and I used Pear Pizzazz, Gumball Green and Garden Green inks.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  The sentiment is a Penny Black stamp and I thought the 'J' was a great place to hang a mosaic shape as a bauble!  The string stamp is from the retired SU! Hung Up on the Holidays set.


The third card is based on this one made by Julia Carmichael.  I loved this fabby design and CASEd it very closely! I changed the sentiment and substituted Smoky Slate for the Pear Pizzazz that Julia used.  The Coastal Cabana panel and all the mosaic shapes are popped up.  Julia stamped her tiny images before punching them out with the Itty Bitty four petal flower punch - I opted just to punch CS flowers. 


Here's the inside and envelope.


The fourth and last card was based on this one made by Julie Davison.  I just loved the fun flower made with the mosaic shapes and the bright colours!  I started with the striped Sunshine and Sprinkles DSP and I chose Marina Mist, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz and Daffodil Delight as my colours.  It's all very well making cards for other folks using their stuff, but for goodness sake, I've got new uninked stamp sets of my own needing my attention LOL!  I snuck in a leaf stamp from my newly acquired Gently Falling set.  I stamped the outline leaf in Old Olive ink onto Pear Pizzazz CS and fussy cut three leaves to go behind the flower.  I chose to use a Builder Brad centre rather than a button which Julie used.  I also added three Itty Bitty flowers to the main panel.



Here's the  inside and the envelope.  The sentiment is a Penny Black stamp I've had for ages, one of my faves for putting inside a birthday card!


I've been pinning cards that I thought Jan might like to make with stamp sets that she owns but that I don't have - Daydream Medallions is one of those sets.  Jan came over to have a crafty play this afternoon and after perusing Pinterest for a while she chose to CASE this lovely card made by Claire Daly.  Jan used a Memory Box Tiny Bow Cherry Cobbler die cut instead of ribbon to top her ornament.  Jan also opted to use  champagne Glimmer Paper rather than silver.



I'm happy to say she loved the Mosaic Madness cards I'd made!  She took them home with her along with her Mosaic Madness supplies and I'm looking forward to seeing what she makes!

 photo ruth5.gif



3 comments:

Elisha said...

Beautiful cards! I think you and Jan have the perfect friendship!

kelly said...

How did you manage to give that set back?? If that was me I's be having to order myself a set right now!! Especially after you've made such gorgeous cards with it!!!
Love Kelly xx

Cards By Jan said...

Beautiful cards...love the new Mosaic die and stamp set...got it on my wish list now for sure!!
TFS

01 09 10