Thursday 19 September 2013

Dangly Snowflake Tent Card

Angela and Janet came over for another card making afternoon to create a dangly snowflake tent card.  I absolutely loved this dangly snowflake card made by LeeAnn Greff when I came across it.  I pinned it to Pinterest immediately and knew I'd have to make my own version!  I do love LeeAnn's crisp white and Midnight Muse card but I also love the Winter Frost suite colours and products - it's all SO pretty - so my card uses some of those colours!  Happily, Angela and Janet enjoyed using these goodies to make their cards too - they must have had a good time, they've booked another afternoon with me!

I went to a craft day on Saturday with my friend Wendy, it was a fabulous day and I met some lovely crafty ladies.  It ran from 10 'til 4 and we all took whatever crafty bits we wanted to work on.  I worked on a batch of poinsettia gift tags but when I got tired of those I started a couple more of these tent cards.  When they're all completed I'll be sharing them soon!

The A6 sized card base was made with Pool Party CS - I cut a piece of A4 CS in half on the long side, took one piece and scored and folded it in half to form the card base.  I used circle Nestabilities dies to cut the aperture and frame.  I adhered patterned paper to the back and stamped and die cut three snowflakes.  I sandwiched some silver ribbon between the two larger die cut snowflakes with Dimensionals.  I popped up the smaller snowflake and then taped the ribbon inside at the top so that the snowflake dangles freely within the aperture.  I added the sentiment strip before attaching the back panel but I added the ribbon bow, Frosted Finishes embellishment and the rhinestones at the very end. 


Here's a side view showing the scored and folded bottom piece attached to the tent. To make a W shaped bottom piece for a tent card I cut a piece of CS the width of my card x 3 1/2" and then score at 1/2", 1 3/4" and 3".  I then glue the W shaped piece inside.  To be honest, you don't have to include a W shaped bottom piece on a dangly element card - it's just that I prefer to add one.  It's so disappointing when top fold cards collapse while on display and adding the W shaped piece makes sure the card stands up properly.


Here's a closer view of the aperture and dangly snowflake.  I used a double length of silver ribbon to tie a bow and I attached the bow separately with a glue dot.


Here's the back of the card with a sentiment, punched snowflakes and some of the same patterned paper that is behind the aperture.  It just ties everything together nicely I think!  I stamped an Island Indigo snowflake, die cut that and glued it to the envelope flap.  I then stamped a Bermuda Bay snowflake, fussy cut just the centre part, glued it over the top and added a rhinestone jewel.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Festive Flurry', 'Greetings of the Season' & 'Joyful Christmas' sets
CS: SU! Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  SU! 'Winter Frost' DSP
Ink: SU! Bermuda Bay & Island Indigo
Tools: SU! Festive Flurry snowflake dies, circle Nestabilities dies, SU! Simply Scored, X Cut snowflake punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! 1/8" silver ribbon, Frosted Finishes embellishment, Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals


 photo DiamanteHeartsRuth.gif


1 comment:

Wishcraft said...

Fab design and colours, this is lovely :o) Hugs, Lisa x

01 09 10