Friday 27 September 2013

Wild Flowers Thanks So Much Card

My friend Angela bought a new IndigoBlu cling rubber stamp and asked me about trimming it.  As I have a pair of craft scissors that I only use for trimming rubber I offered to trim the stamp for her.  Angela lives just up the road from me so I said I'd pop back with the stamp when I'd trimmed it but she told me to use the stamp first before bringing it back.  An offer I couldn't refuse!

I inked the image with VersaMark, stamped onto watercolour paper and heat embossed with black embossing powder.  I used inks and a water brush to colour in the poppies.  I made a 5 1/4" square Real Red card base, added the image and stamped and heat embossed the sentiment underneath.  I added two jewels to the sentiment to complete the card front.  I kept the design very simple but I think the red, black and white colour combo adds a touch of drama.


I used a mixture of silhouette stamps from a Hobby Art clear set to decorate the inside of the card and the envelope.


Supplies:
Stamps:  IndigoBlu 'Wild Flowers' cling stamp, Hero Arts 'Thank You Messages' clear set, Hobby Art 'Anna's Collection, Just For You' clear set
CS: SU! Real Red & Whisper White, watercolour paper
Ink: VersaMark, Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Real Red
Tools: water brush, circle punches, heat tool
Embellishments & accessories:  SU! black embossing powder, Rhinestone Jewels


 photo HeartSwingRuth.gif

5 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

This is fabulous! I've always liked poppies and this is simply super!

RitaR said...

Hi Ruth!

I'm a fairly new subscriber to your blog and really enjoy your pretty card creations. I've noticed that you often create matching stickers for the back of your envelopes. This is something that I also love to do. May I ask if you use a Zyron sticker maker for this technique or do you have another method?

Pia S said...

This is beautiful, Ruth! Love this black, white and red color combo and your poppies look fantastic!

Michelle Short said...

Stunning card Ruth, I love the colour combo and the image is beautiful xx

kelly said...

Love the colour combo, black red and white always look so classic together, the red really pops!!
Kelly xx

01 09 10