Wednesday 30 October 2013

Rosehip Wreath Merry Christmas Gift Box - Inkspirational Oct Photo Challenge

Although I am no longer on the Design Team at Inkspirational I want to take part in the challenges if and when I can, it'll be nice to stay in touch!  I checked out the current Inkspirational challenge and really liked the inspiration photo.

 

I have some new crafty goodies that I hadn't used and I knew this would give me the perfect opportunity to use my rosehip wreath stamp, a Kraft gift box and some new patterned paper.  I love the SU! Kraft gift boxes, they're a great size, really sturdy and come all ready to decorate and assemble - so easy!  I inked the wreath with VersaMark, heat embossed with Early Espresso powder and fussy cut the image.  I coloured the rosehips using a blender pen with Real Red ink and I then added Glossy Accents to make them raised and shiny.  While that was drying I cut the patterned paper pieces, glued those to the sides and I cut a Real Red square to go on the top of the box.  I dry embossed it with a folder and glued that in place.  I adhered Real Red CS all around the sides of the box and then added a strip of brown gingham ribbon.  I tied a bow separately and attached that with a glue dot.  I stamped and die cut the sentiment and then popped up the wreath and one end of the flag banner.


Here's a different angle.


Here's a close up of the shiny rosehips.


Supplies:
Stamps: Woodware 'Rosehip Wreath' clear stamp, Elzybells 'Merry Christmas'
CS:  SU! Kraft Gift Box, SU! Real Red & Very Vanilla

Patterned paper:  Kaisercraft Christmas Carol 'The First Noel'
Ink: SU! Real Red & Early Espresso, VersaMark, blender pen
Tools: Sizzix 'Starry Night' embossing folder, MFT Fishtail Flags Stax die, heat tool
Embellishments & accessories:  SU! Early Espresso embossing powder, Ranger Glossy Accents, brown & white gingham ribbon, SU! Dimensionals


 photo ruth_catgrin.gif 

7 comments:

Marina said...

Hi Ruth, so great to see you at Inkspirational with this totally gorgeous box. I love the stamp you've used - never seen it before - looks great with the glossy accents on the rosehips. Hope to see you here again soon. Marina

Pia S said...

This is beautiful, Ruth! So Christmasy and a great traditional design!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Ruth! The box is so creative and that wreath is fabulous! What a wonderful holiday project. It is great to have you play with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

sandie said...

Hi Ruth-great to see you here and with such a wonderful gift box. I do love the wreath stamp and the added glossy accents is just perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at Ink x

Deborah Frings said...

What a super little box with so many gorgeous details. I love, love the shiny berries!

Nikki said...

Very nice Ruth. I love how the image, embossing and the paper all coordinates. Very pretty and a lovely gift box for someone's special present. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational.

Nikki

kelly said...

OMG that is the most gorgeous thing I have EVER seen, I love it, it must have taken you ages, what with all those details, that I know you always put into your work Ruth,
Love it and love you, Kelly xx

01 09 10