Thursday 7 November 2013

November 2013 Card Group Projects

Today was our November card group get together - I can't believe we've only got one more to go in 2013!  We always give out Secret Santa gifts during the December meeting and I make the gift tags and put printed names on so there's no handwriting to give the game away!  I took the tags along today in a bag to be picked out  - I'm so glad we have this tradition, it's such great fun!

Anyway, onto card number one.  I saw the most gorgeous sparkly embossing powder at my local craft shop, the Glitter Pot, and it was love at first sight - I'm always seduced by sparkle!  I thought it would look fab used with this Christmas tree stamp and I was right!  I think the image and shiny sparkle are a wow in themselves so I kept the design simple.  I heat embossed the tree and sentiment, cut the panel to size and glued it to the front of a Bermuda Bay A6 card front.  I added the punched strip and three punched snowflakes.  I've added flat silver glitter stickers to the centres of the snowflakes to complete the card front.  This card will be great for posting as it's flat.


I can't resist showing you a closer look at the sparkle!  The colour is a gorgeous mix of blue and green.


I've made an effort with the insides and envelopes for this month's cards.  I know there's not always time for everyone to complete the cards plus insides and envelopes so I left it up to the ladies to decide whether they wanted to or not. 

   
Card two is an acetate snowman card.  I scored and folded a piece of acetate to make an A6 size card and adhered patterned paper to the inside back panel.  I cut a white curved snow bank and taped that to the front, stamped the snowman on watercolour paper, coloured with inks and a water brush and fussy cut him.  I stamped the sentiment and the snow swirl, popped the snowman up and added three punched snowflakes with gem centres.


When you open the card there's the surprise of seeing the back of the snowman!  Again, I stamped him on watercolour paper, coloured, fussy cut him and I coloured the snowflake with a silver pen.  The challenge with acetate cards is that any adhesive shows through.  I've taped elements to the front and back so any tape is nicely hidden.  I cut a second curved snow bank, taped that down and then adhered the back of the snowman.  I also added three more snowflakes to the back.  I stamped and punched the oval sentiment piece to complete the inside.  I'd adhered the patterned paper with tape which was visible from the back so I cut a plain piece of white CS and taped it to the back - all neat now, no adhesive showing anywhere!  



A simple stamped image on the envelope flap and the card is done.


Card three required just simple stamping and die cutting.  The dramatic look of black, white and red is a fave combo of mine and this time I've thrown some soft grey into the mix.  I used Nestie dies to cut the lacy and plain squares.  I stamped the snowflake in Smoky Slate direct to the white square and added the sentiment.  I stamped the smaller snowflake in Real Red, die cut it and popped it up.  I stamped a Smoky Slate circle from the Mixed Bunch set, cut it out with a 3/4" circle punch, popped it up and added a red crystal to the centre.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  Sometimes we want to remember and include people during the festive season but it may not be appropriate to send them a Christmas card.  This card fits the bill in those cases as there's no mention of Christmas, just seasonal and new year wishes are offered.    


Phew, what a mega post!

Supplies for tree card:
Stamps: PaperMania Home for Christmas 'Baubles' set, SU! 'Seasonal Wishes' set,  Penny Black 'Joyous Christmas'
CS: SU! Bermuda Bay & Whisper White
Ink: VersaMark, SU! Bermuda Bay
Tools: SU! Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, X Cut snowflake punch, heat tool
Embellishments & accessories: Stampendous Aqua Tinsel embossing powder, Anita's silver glitter circle stickers


Supplies for snowman card:
Stamps: Butterfly Kisses 'Frosty' clear set, SU! 'Best Yet' set
CS:  acetate, SU! Real Red & Whisper White, watercolour paper

Patterned paper:  Frances Meyer 'Snowy Stripes'
Ink:  VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Real Red, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo & Basic Black, SU! Silver Dazzle marker
Tools: Spellbinder's Card Creator Borderabilities die from 'A2 Curved Border One' set,  X Cut tiny snowflake punch, water brush
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals


Supplies for snowflake card:
Stamps: SU! 'Festive Flurry', 'Four the Holidays'  'Mixed Bunch' & 'Snowflakes' sets, Stampendous'Warmest Greetings'
CS: Papermania 5 1/4" square white card blank, SU! Real Red, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Smoky Slate & Real Red
Tools: Lacy Square Nestabilities die, plain square Nestabilities dies, SU! 'Festive Flurry' Framelits die, circle punches, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: red Swarovski crystal, SU! Dimensionals


 photo ruth.gif 

2 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Wow - Ruth, you're on a roll! I absolutely love the blue sparkly Christmas tree. The snowman is so cute, love the inside too! And the last card is stunning with the red, black, grey and white! All just super!

kelly said...

wow, loving the sparkle, that card is definitely my fav of the bunch!!
Love Kelly xx

01 09 10