Monday 16 December 2013

70th Birthday Card For Carol

A little birdie told me that my friend Carol would be celebrating a milestone birthday - her 70th.  A great opportunity to use my SU! Memorable Moments set to mark the occasion!

I love this anniversary card made by Julie that I have pinned to my Cards to Case board on Pinterest and I based my design on Julie's lovely card.  I started off by making a Rose Red side opening A6 card and  I embossed a Very Vanilla CS panel with the Vintage Wallpaper folder.  I highlighted the embossing with gold gilding wax by using a muslin cloth to pick up some wax and then I gently rubbed and buffed over the raised areas.  I layered the Vanilla panel to a Brushed Gold CS mat and tied Rose Red seam binding ribbon around the mat before adhering it to the card front.  I stamped and die cut the sentiment label and die cut the leaves and flowers.  I glued the leafy stems to the embossed panel, popped up the label and added some shaping and dimension before attaching the flowers to the label.  I added  a butterfly and completed the card front by sprinkling on a few rhinestones.


Here's the inside and the envelope where I echoed the sentiment label, butterfly and leaves and flowers from the card front.  Thanks to Julie for the inspiration, I was happy how this card turned out.  I was also happy that Carol loved the card and still spoke to me after I'd drawn attention to her age LOL! 


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Memorable Moments' set, Hobby Art 'Sentiments' clear set
CS: SU! Rose Red, Brushed Gold & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Rose Red & Early Espresso
Tools: SU! Labels Collection Framelits dies, Floral Fusion & Little Leaves Sizzlits dies, Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: Creative Expressions 'Golden Light' gilding wax, muslin cloth, SU! rhinestone jewels & Dimensionals


 photo ruthlook.gif 


1 comment:

Mynn xx said...

So pretty, Ruth!!! LOVE the gorgeous colors you used! HUGS, friend! :)

01 09 10