Thursday 5 December 2013

December 2013 Card Group Projects

It was our last card making group meeting of 2013 this afternoon.  As I knew time would be taken up with exchanging Christmas cards, the Secret Santa gift giving, eating and other fun I only designed two projects for the ladies to make.

The first project is a gift bag.  I saw this lovely design on YouTube made by Sam from Pootles Papercraft.  Not only has Sam designed a great gift bag but she has also made tutorials for how to make them, the video tutorial can be found on YouTube HERE.  A written tutorial with photos can be found HERE on Sam's blog.  Sam used the plain large oval punch to make handles for her gift bag - but I don't have the new flat style oval punch and the old style punch doesn't fit in the bag to punch the ovals!  So in order to close my bag I punched holes using a Crop-A-Dile, threaded Island Indigo ribbon through and tied the ribbon in a loose knot.

The gift bag is made from Pear Pizzazz CS and the patterned paper is from the Twitterpated DSP pack.  I stamped the flower in Riding Hood Red ink onto Pink Pirouette CS, punched it out, snipped between the petals and placed a smaller punched Island Indigo flower topped with a red pearl in the centre.  The flower and sentiment oval are both popped up.


A side view of the gift bag.


The second card is a simple design using the SU! Magnificent Maple stamp and the fab colour combo of Pool Party, Island Indigo and white.  I made it a thank you card as they come in very handy after Christmas - but I did take the birthday and thinking of you sentiments from the Wetlands set as well so that the ladies could choose which one they wanted.  The card is A6 sized and I added a strip of patterned paper, a narrow Pool Party CS strip and I stamped the sentiment.  After stamping the maple leaf I used a square Nestabilities die to cut it out and I then punched the corners with my SU! Ticket Corner punch - which is now retired,  sadly.  I glued the white square to the Island Indigo square and popped that up onto the Pool Party square.  To complete the card front I added rhinestones to the Island Indigo square.  A nice, easy card to finish the year on!


What a wonderful afternoon was had by all!  After the crafting, cake and tea we played the mystery object game.  I took several objects from home, placed them in a pillow case one at a time and the ladies had to say what the object was just by touch and feel alone - great fun!  Then we opened our lovely Secret Santa gifts before heading home. 

Supplies for gift bag:
Stamps:  SU! 'Flower Shop' & 'Made for You' sets
CS: SU! Pear Pizzazz, Island Indigo, Pink Pirouette & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  SU! 'Twitterpated' DSP
Ink: SU! Riding Hood Red
Tools: SU! Plain Oval, Scalloped Oval, Pansy & Boho Blossoms punches, Crop-A-Dile, SU! Simply Scored

Embellishments & accessories: SU! Island Indigo satin ribbon, red pearl, Dimensionals

Supplies for thank you card:
Stamps: SU! 'Magnificent Maple' stamp, 'Wetlands' set
CS: PaperMania white A6 card blank, SU! Pool Party, Island Indigo & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  SU! 'Twitterpated' DSP
Ink: SU! Island Indigo
Tools: square Nestabilities dies, SU! Ticket Corner punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals


 photo BlueBflyRuth.gif 


No comments:

01 09 10