Saturday 7 December 2013

Stockings & Dove Merry Christmas Card - 52 {C}CT Dec Pick Any Previous 2013 Challenge

December is such a busy time so at 52 {C}CT we're finishing off our year with a challenge that will run for two weeks.  We'd like you to choose ANY PREVIOUS 2013 52 {C}CT challenge.  We have sketches, colour combos, themes, techniques, recipes and embellishment challenges for you to select from so you're spoilt for choice!  Just make sure you choose a previous challenge from 2013 please. 

I've opted for a colour combo that I chose back in January 2013 when I was a challenge hostess. 

 
  
I wanted to use a newly acquired stamp and it's a large one so I made a 5" x 7" size card.  I joined two pieces of Elegant Eggplant CS together so I could have a card base that opens at the side.  I really don't like it when cards with the fold at the top sink downwards and don't stand up properly so joining two pieces of CS together to create a side opening card is my solution!  It's not a cost effective way to make card bases of this size but I only do it now and again so I don't worry about it.

I stamped the image in Elegant Eggplant ink onto Whisper White CS, trimmed the panel to size, punched the top two corners and added the punched border at the bottom.  I layered onto a mat of Brushed Silver CS and I adhered that to the card front.  I mixed some Pearl Moon gilding wax in a palette with solvent blending solution and used a paintbrush to colour in the dove so it has a lovely pearly shimmer.  I heat embossed the sentiment with silver embossing powder, cut it out with a label die and popped it up.  I sprinkled small and large metallic silver pearls here and there on the image and added two purple crystals to my notched corners


Here's the inside where I stamped a favourite sentiment that I've had in my stash for years.  I drew a line for a hanger, fussy cut a stocking, popped it up on thin 3D foam tape and added a small silver pearl.


I used circle dies to make the element to decorate the envelope flap to finish off.


I hope you'll join in with our final 52 {C}CT challenge of 2013 and I really hope you'll be back with us in January 2014 to start making festive cards all over again!  Also, if you fancy joining our friendly Design Team we're having a DT call so please put your name forward if you'd like to!

Supplies:
Stamps:  PaperMania Stockings clear set, 'Merry Christmas' from SU! 'Owl Occasions' set, inside sentiment from Inkadinkado
CS: SU! Elegant Eggplant & Whisper White, SU! Brushed Silver CS

Ink: SU! Elegant Eggplant, Encore silver
Tools: SU! Eyelet Border punch, SU! Ticket Corner punch, Spellbinder's Labels Trio die, circle Nestabilities dies, heat tool
Embellishments & accessories:  Creative Expressions Pearl Moon gilding wax & solvent blending solution, silver embossing powder, small & large silver pearls, purple crystals, 3D foam tape & SU! Dimensionals


 photo ruthSM2.gif 

4 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Ruth this is absolutely wonderful! I love the stockings and baubles, and the colours are fab! As always the inside and envelope are just as gorgeous.

BTW - I know just what you mean about top opening cards - I much prefer side opening too.

Love the Christmas look too!!

Mynn xx said...

LOVE the silver dove, Ruth! The shine is just fabulous! That image is too fun as well! HUGS and hope you have a great week! :) Mynn xx

Patricia Hays said...

With all the detail in this image, I think keeping it monochromatic was a smart way to go. The extra finishing touches of the shimmery dove and the pearls are terrific!

Danielle Vincent said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Ruth. I just noticed the dove in the corner - lovely. I really love that color scheme and the stocking on the inside is too cute. Sent you a Christmas card last week. I fear it won't make it to you in time :o( but please know I'm hoping your holidays are just fabulous.

01 09 10