Wednesday 12 February 2014

Faux Fabric Heart Thanks Card

While the PaperMania stitched heart stamp was still out on my desk I thought I'd make another thanks card with it.  This card is for Angela who was so sweet while I was very poorly with a nasty infection a couple of weeks ago.  Angela brought me some scrummy soup that she'd made, a pack of chocolate coconut macaroons, some chocolate and as well as the goodies she loaned me a pile of feel good film DVDs.  I was feeling very miserable so her thoughtfulness and kindness really cheered me up!

To start I made an Early Espresso 5 1/2" square card base and cut a Very Vanilla mat layer which I partially dry embossed with the Acanthus folder.  I lightly brayered Wild Honey Distress Ink over the embossing and stamped the sentiment - I just had to use that particular sentiment knowing that I was going to have the heart on the card!  I added a narrow strip of Espresso CS before gluing the panel to the card front.  I applied Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade and Fired Brick inks onto a piece of Vanilla CS, spritzed a background stamp liberally with water and stamped over the inked panel.  Stamping with the water removes some of the ink colour and I was left with a lovely delicate damask pattern on my panel which prompted me to go further and make the panel look even more like fabric.

I inked a Linen background stamp with Crumb Cake ink, stamped and then stamped the stitched heart over the top.  To make the faux stitching look more realistic I even pierced through the holes! I die cut a rosette, fussy cut the heart and popped it up.  I punched out 4 flower shapes and adhered three of the flowers next to the sentiment and attached the fourth flower to the rosette using a brad base with an Early Espresso Candy Dot. 


Here's a close up of the faux fabric look achieved with the layered stamping - I was chuffed how it turned out!


For inside the card I used the background stamp and Wild Honey ink to create a border, finishing off with a narrow strip of Espresso CS .


For the envelope front I used the Typewriter Alphabet set to stamp Angela's name, punched out the circles and glued them to the Early Espresso flag banner.  I stamped a portion of the background stamp in Fired Brick ink onto Vanilla CS and die cut a flower.  I edged the flower with ink and added a gem to the centre to finish off.  I'm giving this card to Angela tomorrow and I hope she likes it!


Supplies:
Stamps: PaperMania stitched heart, Hero Arts Hugs 'n Hearts clear set, Penny Black Delicate Pattern background stamp, SU! Linen background stamp, PaperMania Typewriter Alphabet cling set
CS: SU! Early Espresso & Very Vanilla
Patterned paper: SU! Candlelight DSP
Ink: Tim Holtz Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade & Fired Brick Distress Inks, SU! Early Espresso
Tools:  Cuttlebug Acanthus embossing folder, Sizzix Mini Paper Rosettes Decorative Strip die, SU! Boho Blossoms punch, brayer, Ranger ink applicator tools & sponges, MFT Fishtail Flag Stax die, Woodware 1/2" circle die, Poppystamps Blooming Posie die, sponge dauber, paper piercing tool
Embellishments & accessories: SU! brad base & Early Espresso Candy Dot, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals




 photo RoseRuth.gif



2 comments:

Pia S said...

This is so beautiful, Ruth! You managed to make the heart look like a real fabric one, I love the layout and colors too.

Mynn xx said...

That heart looks AMAZING!!! LOVE the texture--I really did think it was fabric! This is being pinned! :) Mynn xx

01 09 10