Thursday 20 February 2014

Moonlit Wheat Especially For You Card

Jan and Angela came to my home for a card making afternoon a few days ago.  Angela had asked to use Distress Inks and heat embossing so with those guidelines in mind this is the card I came up with.  I cut a piece of Whisper White CS and attached a 1 1/4" punched paper circle mask for the moon.  I applied Tumbled Glass ink to the CS, followed that with Dusty Concord ink and finished with Chipped Sapphire ink.  After removing the circle mask I stamped the wheat and sentiment in VersaMark ink and heat embossed with black powder.  I sponged the edges of a die cut butterfly with Chipped Sapphire ink, adhered that to the moon and added a gem.  Afterwards I realised you don't see butterflies in the moonlight - so it's now a moth LOL!

I cut the image panel into three sections - making the top section larger, inked the edges with Chipped Sapphire ink and then edged each section with Platinum Shimmer Paint.  I made a Wisteria Wonder A6 card base but I wasn't entirely happy with the panel spacing, the gaps between were too large.  So I trimmed a bit off the bottom of the card and that issue was resolved!


Inside I applied Broken China and Dusty Concord inks to one corner of the white panel and stamped and heat embossed just a portion of the wheat image.  I sponged the edges of the white panel with Chipped Sapphire ink.  For the envelope I stamped and heat embossed a portion of the wheat image onto Wisteria Wonder CS, punched a circle and edged that with Chipped Sapphire ink.  I layered that onto a black circle mat to finish.


Supplies:
Stamps:  Woodware 'Wheat' & 'Going to Seed' clear sets
CS: SU! Wisteria Wonder & Whisper White
Ink: VersaMark, Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Dusty Concord & Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks
Tools: SU! Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, circle punches, Ranger ink applicator tools, sponge daubers, craft mat, heat tool

Embellishments & accessories: SU! black embossing powder, Tsukineko Platinum Shimmer Paint, SU! rhinestone jewel

  photo RoseRuth.gif
 



1 comment:

Peanut said...

Stunning card, Ruth! Tons of WOW factor....pure gorgeousness!
xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

01 09 10