Monday 10 March 2014

Blue Blooms Birthday Card

This is a card I designed for Angela and Janet to make when they came round to me for a crafty afternoon some weeks ago.  I forgot to put it on the blog at the time so I'm just getting round to sharing it now.  Janet's favourite colour is blue so that influenced my colour choices and I opted for Pool Party, Island Indigo and Midnight Muse along with white.

I used a rectangle doily stamp which I've had for ages with the SU! Secret Garden stamp and die set and the Memory Box 'happy birthday' die.  I love mixing my old and new stash items!  The doily and the Island Indigo flowers were heat embossed with white powder and all the flowers are popped up.  After die cutting the birthday sentiment from Pool Party CS I glued a strip of Island Indigo CS to the card front, adhered the die cut over the top and finished off by dotting the i with a rhinestone.  


Here's the inside and the envelope.  Quite a fancy inside but then I am very partial to layered stamping!  I stamped the sentiment and leafy stem on top of the doily and then added two stamped and die cut flowers.  I am very happy to say Angela and Janet both loved the design and they had a very enjoyable time making their own cards!


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Rectangle Doily', SU! 'Secret Garden' set, Hero Arts 'Fabulous Birthday'
CS: PaperMania white square card blank, SU! Pool Party, Island Indigo, Midnight Muse & Whisper White
Ink: VersaMark, SU! Pool Party, Island Indigo & Midnight Muse
Tools: SU! 'Secret Garden' Framelits dies, Memory Box 'Grand Happy Birthday' die, heat tool
Embellishments & accessories: SU! white embossing powder, SU! rhinestone jewels, SU! Dimensionals



 photo RoseRuth.gif


No comments:

01 09 10