Thursday 6 March 2014

March 2014 Card Group Projects

It was our card group meeting this afternoon and a happy time was had by all stamping, punching and die cutting!  I designed three cards for the ladies to make, two Easter cards and a birthday card.  I knew that some people wouldn't want to make Easter cards so I designed the two cards so that images and sentiments could be switched out and the ladies could choose which design to make.  I'm very good to them you know!

First up is a cute chick Easter Wishes card.  I used my new SU! Fringe Scissors and Pear Pizzazz CS to make the grass.  I coloured the chick with Daffodil Delight ink and a blender pen, coloured the beak with a Pumpkin Pie marker and paper pieced the eggshell.  After layering the image onto a Daffodil Delight mat I adhered it to a Primrose Petals Top Note die cut shape.  I finished off with a stamped sentiment and some punched flowers with gem centres.

 
Here is the non Easter version where in place of the chick I used a Memory Box Twisty Stalk die cut shape as a flower stem.  I snipped off the bottom of the stem and kept that to one side.  I stamped the sentiment and glued the left over stem piece next to it.  I  punched circles and flowers and added gems to the flower centres to finish off.


After the cute chick card I went for a classy Easter design.  I made a Pool Party A6 card, added the lace border die cut to a panel of Pink Pirouette CS and drew a black line with a Sharpie pen.  I stamped the cherry blossom image onto Pink Pirouette CS, stamped the egg outline over the top, fussy cut it and coloured the flowers with a Regal Rose marker.  I cut a black CS panel, used a decorative punch on each corner and popped up the egg.  I stamped the sentiment and floral element at the bottom of the card.  I punched and shaped three tiny Pool Party flowers and dotted the centres with the black Sharpie pen.  To complete the card front I added some of the waste black dots left over from punching the corners to the lace border.


Here's the non Easter version where instead of the egg I stamped just the cherry blossom image and used oval dies to mat and layer.


For both cards I cut a white panel for inside and stamped the floral element twice.


For the final card I went for an elegant symmetrical design on a 5 1/4" cream square card base.  I stamped the doily in Elegant Eggplant ink onto Very Vanilla CS and layered onto a Wild Wasabi CS mat which I glued to the card front.  I then inked up the flower from the SU! Morning Meadow set with VersaMark ink, stamped it twice, heat embossed each flower with Grape embossing powder and punched them out with the Pansy punch.  I snipped between the petals, shaped the flowers a bit, layered them together and popped them up on the punched circles in the centre of the doily image.  To complete the front I added Elegant Eggplant punched photo corners.


As I didn't put a sentiment on the front I decided to have one inside the card.  I used the fancy frame and birthday sentiment from the Morning Meadow set - plus my trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig! 


Supplies for cards 1A & 1B:
Stamps: SU! 'A Good Egg' set, Penny Black 'Easter Wishes', Hero Arts 'Wishing You Well'
CS: PaperMania white A6 card blanks, SU! Primrose Petals, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz & Whisper White

Patterned paper: polka dot paper from Andrea Jayne 'Hot Diggity Dog' paper pad
Ink: SU! Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie
Tools: SU! Top Note Bigz die, SU! Fringe Scissors, Memory Box 'Twisty Stalk' die, Woodware circle punch, Woodware flower punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels


Supplies for cards 2A & 2B:
Stamps: SU! 'Easter Blossoms' & 'A Good Egg' sets, Hobby Art 'Happy Birthday'
CS: SU! Pool Party, Pink Pirouette, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Regal Rose, black Sharpie pen
Tools: 'Lace Edger 2' Joanna Sheen Signature die, flower punch from SU! 'Itty Bitty Shapes' punch pack, Fiskars corner rounder punch, Petite Oval Nestabilities dies
Embellishments & accessories: 3D foam tape


Supplies for card 3:
Stamps: SU! 'Hello, Doily', SU! 'Morning Meadow' set
CS: PaperMania cream square card blank, SU! Elegant Eggplant, Wild Wasabi & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Elegant Eggplant & Wild Wasabi, VersaMark
Tools: SU! plain & scalloped circle punches, SU! 'Pansy' punch, SU! 'Photo Corners' punch, heat tool, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: Stampendous Grape embossing powder, SU! Dimensionals




 photo RoseRuth.gif
 


No comments:

01 09 10