Wednesday 16 April 2014

Easter Chicks Card In A Box & A Gift Bag

Yuck, I've been poorly the last few days with a tummy upset.  Despite not feeling 100% I was back in my craft room today making a gift bag to accompany an Easter card in a box.  I made the card a few days ago - it evolved as it went along and ended up being quite time consuming but it was a lot of fun to create!  This card is for our friends Jan and Alan.

I absolutely adore the chick from the SU! 'A Good Egg' stamp set, it really is so cute!  The chicks were stamped on watercolour paper and coloured with inks and a water brush.  I paper pieced the eggshells and fussy cut the trio of chicks.  I die cut leafy borders, clouds, butterflies, a banner and then punched grass and flowers and assembled.  The chick at the back and a couple of the clouds are popped up.


Some pics from different angles plus a close up of the box part.

 



Here's the back where I wrote my message.


Here's the envelope flap - yeah, I went a bit mad LOL!


This morning I used my Gift Bag Punch Board to make this gift bag to go with the card.  It's filled with Lindor chocolates - yum!  Because my tummy is still not right I didn't even sneak a chocolate for myself!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'A Good Egg' & 'Wacky Wishes' sets

CS: SU! Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Strawberry Slush, Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! In Color DSP, My Mind's Eye Collectable Journey Adventure
Ink: SU! Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie
Tools:  SU! Score Board & Trimmer, Poppystamps Fancy Clouds die, Crafts Too Leafy Border 2 die, SU! Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, MFT Fishtail Flags Stax die, X Cut Bloom nesting die, Martha Stewart grass border punch, Woodware multi flower punch, We R Memory Keepers Gift Bag Punch Board, 1 3/4" & 2" circle punches, Crop-A-Dile, water brush, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Pool Party ruffled ribbon, white baker's twine, rhinestone jewels & Dimensionals




 photo RoseRuth.gif
 


1 comment:

Toni said...

this is so cute--painfully cute even!

01 09 10