Thursday 7 August 2014

August 2014 Card Group Projects

This afternoon our group got together for our monthly card making meeting, a very jolly afternoon was had by all! 

First up is this black and white lace and bow card.  A little while ago I made THIS CARD and Lesley asked if we could make it at card group and I was happy to oblige - I just made a couple of tweaks.  A very simple design made with just stamping and die cutting but the black and white combo, ornate shaped card, lace and the bow add up to a classy creation I think.  A silver shimmer domed dot provides a ritzy, glitzy finishing touch.


Here's the inside and envelope front.


I decided to keep to a lace theme for the other two card group projects and I stayed with a similar layout for each card.  It's interesting to see how you can get different looks by changing a few things while keeping to a similar layout and theme.

Following the classy card we now have a vintage shabby card using the gorgeous SU! 'Victorian Lace' background stamp.  An oldie stamp but most definitely a goodie!  I stamped the lace in Soft Suede ink onto Very Vanilla CS, inked the edges with Soft Suede ink, added the ribbon and glued the panel to a Soft Suede CS mat which I glued to the front of a Lost Lagoon A6 sized card base.  I die cut two Soft Suede leaves followed by two Lost Lagoon blooms and I spritzed the blooms lightly with water and scrunched them up a few times to get a creased, shabby look.  I applied Cast Bronze gilding wax to the flowers with a finger to highlight the creases, stacked the two large flowers and added a small Soft Suede flower to the centre.  I die cut the label, stamped the sentiment, inked the edges and popped the label up.  To complete the card front I added some iridescent gems.

Lost Lagoon is a lovely greeny blue colour and my photos don't do it justice.  I just can't capture the beautiful greeny blue, the photos all come out with it looking more blue.  Anyway, Lost Lagoon is a firm fave of mine!


Here's the inside and envelope front.  I didn't stamp a sentiment inside 'cos the 'Warm Wishes' sentiment on the front means the card can be used for a variety of occasions.  When I make shabby cards I sometimes forget to sponge the edges of the inside panel and I think it makes a lot of difference so I'm always very glad when I DO remember!


Card three has a classic design but having just one layer gives a clean look.  That combined with a vibrant colour combo means the card has a bold and contemporary feel.  I was really struck by the colour combo of Blackberry Bliss and Hello Honey used in the new SU! annual catalogue but as I don't have Hello Honey CS I've substituted So Saffron which I think works just as well.  I stamped the sentiment and embossed the top part of the So Saffron panel with the Sizzix 'Bohemian Lace' embossing folder.  I added the strip of Blackberry Bliss ribbon and glued the panel to the front of a Blackberry Bliss A6 sized card base.  I inked the pretty lace butterfly image with VersaMark, stamped it twice - once onto Blackberry Bliss CS and again onto So Saffron CS - heat embossed the images with white embossing powder and fussy cut the images.  I coloured a portion of the So Saffron butterfly by using Blackberry Bliss ink and a blender pen.  I popped up the Blackberry Bliss image, glued just the butterfly body to the card front and folded up the wings.  To complete the front I added three tiny flowers with rhinestone centres.  


Here's the inside and envelope.  I kept the lacy theme going by using a beautiful lace border stamp.


Supplies for card 1:
Stamps: SU! 'I Love Lace' background stamp, Hero Arts 'Yummy Treats' clear set
CS: PaperMania white A6 card blank, SU! Basic Black
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, black Sharpie pen
Tools: Sizzix 'Card Fronts A2, Eyelet & Ornate' Bigz XL die, Creative Expressions Finishing Touches 'Classic 3D Bow' die set
Embellishments & accessories: PaperMania silver shimmer dome dot sticker 


Supplies for card 2:
Stamps: SU! 'Victorian Lace' background stamp, SU! 'Cheer & Wishes' set
CS: SU! Lost Lagoon, Soft Suede & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Soft Suede & Early Espresso
Tools: X Cut 'Bloom' nesting dies, Memory Box 'Fresh Leaves' & 'Bistro Label' dies
Embellishments & accessories: Creative Expressions Cast Bronze gilding wax, SU! Soft Suede grosgrain ribbon, PaperMania Iridescent gems, SU! Dimensionals


Supplies for card 3:
Stamps: Penny Black 'A Flight of Thread' cling set, SU! 'Curly Cute' set, Hobby Art 'Sentiments' clear set, My Mind's Eye, Hattie 'Remember' clear set
CS: SU! Blackberry Bliss, So Saffron & Whisper White
Ink: VersaMark, SU! Blackberry Bliss
Tools: SU! 'Bohemian Lace' embossing folder, flower punch from SU! 'Itty Bitty Shapes' punch pack, heat tool, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Blackberry Bliss satin ribbon, white embossing powder, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals




 photo RoseRuth.gif
 


No comments:

01 09 10