Friday 29 August 2014

Ornate Frame Thank You Card

This is a card I made for my hubby Owen after he very kindly offered to collect a stamp for me from our local craft shop, the Glitter Pot.  I'd seen the Penny Black 'Ornately Framed' stamp in the shop and it was half price in the sale but I ummed and aahed about getting it.  A bargain stamp is all well and good - if you USE the bargain stamp.  Sadly, experience has shown I'm tempted to buy a bargain stamp 'cos it is a bargain but I then don't always use it!  Not a bargain then is it?!  I am trying to be more sensible in my craft purchases and so as I wasn't sure I came home without it.  I then looked at the Penny Black web site and saw a couple of cards made with the stamp and I decided I must have it after all! Owen trotted off to the shop the next day and bought it home for me.  Obviously, I had to use the stamp to make him a card!

I chose a dramatic combo of black, white and Bermuda Bay, making an A6 black card base as my starting point.  I stamped the 'Ornately Framed' image on black CS, heat embossed it with white powder, fussy cut around the frame and removed the central part of the frame.  I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on a piece of Bermuda Bay CS, stamped a small lace border underneath and glued the piece over the top of the strip of Bermuda Bay CS I'd embossed with the 'Splendour' folder.  I popped up the frame, stacked a few silver sparkly punched hearts together and glued them over the 'o' in 'You'.  


Here's the envelope and the inside of the card featuring new favourite IndigoBlu 'Vintage Flourish' and 'Vintage Flourish Dinkie' stamps.  I am always a sucker for an elegant flourish stamp!  I punched more hearts to accent the sentiment and popped up a name label on the front of the envelope.  I'm happy to say Owen loves the card and it's still out on display well over a week after I gave it to him!


Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black 'Ornately Framed' cling stamp, sentiment from SU! 'Best Blossoms' set, IndigoBlu 'Vintage Flourish' & 'Vintage Flourish Dinkie' stamps, 'With Love' from Crafty Impressions 'Medium Everyday Messages' clear set, lace border from My Mind's Eye Remember 'Hattie' clear set
CS: SU! Basic Black, Whisper White & Bermuda Bay

Patterned paper: silver sparkly paper from DCWV 'Twinkle Glints'  CS Stack
Ink: VersaMark, VersaFine Onyx Black
Tools: Embossalicious 'Splendour' embossing folder, tiny hearts punched from SU! 'Owl Builder' punch, other hearts from SU! 'Heart to Heart' punch, heat tool, labels from Sizzix 'Card, Fancy Frame Flip-Its #2' die set
Embellishments & accessories: white embossing powder, black gems, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif


No comments:

01 09 10