Thursday 14 August 2014

Rosy 70th Birthday Card

My friend Kath asked me to make her a 70th birthday card for a dear friend. I had a very happy time in my craft room putting together this rosy creation!  I chose the patterned paper first, it's got a fabric like texture, it's really lovely.  Since I've had the SU! Stippled Blossoms set my A Rose is a Rose set has been sadly neglected so I decided to ink that up again.  I love some two-step stamping and fussy cutting!

The card measures 5 3/4" square and was made with Pink Pirouette CS.  I layered the patterned paper onto a Strawberry Slush CS mat.  I stamped the roses in Pretty in Pink and Strawberry Slush inks and used Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive inks for the leaves.  I arranged the leaves and flowers, popping the roses up and adhered the square mat layers to the card front.  The sentiment was computer generated using the Monotype Corsiva font, I popped the sentiment strip up and added two rhinestones.


Here's the inside of the card.  The patterned paper reminded me of some pretty bunting I'd seen recently so I die cut some bunting to go inside.  If you can't have bunting on your 70th birthday, when can you?! 


Here's the envelope flap, simply decorated with a rosebud and two leaves.  Kath loved the card and I hope Margi did too!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'A Rose is a Rose' set
CS: SU! Pink Pirouette, Strawberry Slush, Pear Pizzazz & Whisper White

Patterned paper: First Edition 'Floral Pavilion' 6" x 6" pad
Ink: SU! Pretty in Pink, Strawberry Slush, Pear Pizzazz & Old Olive
Tools: square Nestabilities dies, bunting die from Sizzix 'Sweet Day' Framelits die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals



 photo RoseRuth.gif


No comments:

01 09 10