Wednesday 27 August 2014

Shabby Rose Blush Kindness Thank You Card

Recently, I was at our local craft shop, the Glitter Pot, with Jan and we saw our friend Alex who was running a class at the shop that day.  Alex asked if we wanted to see what cards the class had made and of course we said yes!  Oh my goodness, the cards were stunning, really beautiful and one in particular stood out to both me and Jan.  We both fell in love with the stamp that had been used on the card - the gorgeous IndigoBlu 'Rose Blush' stamp.  I'd originally gone to the shop that day to pick up a Christmas IndigoBlu stamp that I wanted really badly - and a few other IndigoBlu stamps had found their way into my basket as well!  I very reluctantly decided I'd have to leave the Rose Blush stamp and get it another time.  When I walked away from the till after purchasing my stuff Jan ordered me to open my carrier bag.  She then slipped the Rose Blush stamp inside my bag saying she'd treated me to the stamp - how very sweet of her and I was so thrilled!  Obviously, I had to use my new stamp to make a thank you card for Jan!

I based the colours and layout on the card Alex had designed for her class.  I started off by making a Crumb Cake A6 sized card blank.  I stamped the SU! 'French Script' background over the entire front of the card in Baked Brown Sugar ink, trimmed a tad off the bottom of the card where the stamp design hadn't quite reached and I sponged the edges of the card.  I stamped the Rose Blush stamp in Early Espresso, then stamped it again on a separate piece of Crumb Cake CS in Baked Brown Sugar ink and I fussy cut the large roses.  I added Cast Bronze gilding wax to the centre of the bottom rose and popped the roses up.  I stamped, die cut and sponged the sentiment label and glued that to the card front.  After die cutting and embossing the ribbon strip and bow shapes I applied Cast Bronze gilding wax to the shapes and glued the ribbon and bow to the card front.  I then rootled in my stash to find a suitable accent to add to the bow.  After a while I came across my neglected SU! Vanilla Flower Trim so I snipped a flower off and applied it to the bow with a glue dot.  A brown pearl added to the sentiment label completed the front.


I stamped a portion of the Rose Blush stamp at the top and bottom of a Very Vanilla CS panel for inside the card.  I stamped the 'Thank You' and sponged the edges of the panel.  I used the SU! Envelope Punch Board to made a Crumb Cake envelope and used punched circles, tiny gold brads and linen thread to make an office envelope style closure.


I went all out on the front of the envelope!  Before stamping the French Script stamp I tore a piece of paper to create a mask so I didn't get a straight stamped edge.  I stamped the Rose Blush image and some dotted lines.  I stamped and punched a postage stamp and after gluing that to the envelope I stamped the little postmark image - it seemed the perfect sweet finishing detail!  I don't do shabby and vintage cards often but I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoy it when I do make them - I may well dabble with the shabby vintage look more often!


Supplies:
Stamps: IndigoBlu 'Rose Blush', SU! 'French Script' background stamp, sentiments from SU! 'Blooming with Kindness' set, dotted lines from SU! 'Live Your Dream' set, postage stamp from SU! 'Fresh Vintage' set, postmark from SU! 'French Foliage' set
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Early Espresso & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Baked Brown Sugar & Early Espresso
Tools: Spellbinder's 'Grommet Tags' die, Creative Expressions Finishing Touches '3D Classic Bow' die set, SU! Envelope Punch Board, SU! Postage Stamp punch, small circle punch, paper piercer, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: Creative Expressions Cast Bronze gilding wax, brown pearl, tiny gold brads, SU! Vanilla Flower Trim, Linen Thread, Dimensionals, glue dot


 photo RoseRuth.gif


2 comments:

Joan said...

Ooh, that's a lovely card, you might be tempting me with that stamp!

Toni said...

Turned out beautifully

01 09 10