Saturday 9 August 2014

Snowflake Splendour Very Merry Christmas Card - 52 {C}CT Aug Colour Challenge

The second week of the month means we have a colour combo challenge for you at 52 {C}CT and  Gill has chosen a very festive and elegant combo!  Now I have to say I was quite daunted when I first saw this combo, it's not one I've used before and I doubt I'd have ever used all four colours together on one card.  When I sat down to make the card I decided I had to embrace the idea and really go with it.  As the card progressed I enjoyed it more and more and I ended up loving this combo!  Many thanks to Gill for getting me to see the light!

 

I obviously have wanted to dabble in silver and gold together because last year I purchased some Bo Bunny 'Silver & Gold' Christmas paper - but I never used it, it has sat in my stash neglected all this time.  So the paper became my starting point but I worked backwards by making the envelope first.  I made the envelope to fit a 5 1/2" square card and then used the remainder of the paper on the card front and inside.  The paper is so elegant, very damask-y and my newly acquired Embossalicious 'Splendour' embossing folder seemed perfect to use with the paper.  

I embossed the top portion of the  Very Vanilla panel, added the patterned paper at the bottom and added a strip of silver tinsel ribbon.  I added the sentiment and attached the silver metal frame to the Vanilla panel with gold brads.    I notched the top corners of the Vanilla panel, layered onto a Brushed Gold CS mat and glued the mat to the front of a Brushed Silver CS card base.  I stamped the larger snowflake on white CS and heat embossed with Star Dust embossing powder, stamped the smaller snowflake on Vanilla CS and heat embossed with Jeweled Gold embossing powder, die cut the shapes and popped them up.  A gorgeous SU! Frosted Finishes embellishment just had to be placed in the centre!  Tiny punched snowflakes with rhinestone centres were placed on the sentiment and I added silver nailheads to the notched corners.


When light shines on the heat embossed snowflakes they sparkle beautifully because the powders contain glitter.  I turned on my craft task lamp and took a close up photo to try and show the sparkle but it's really hard to capture in a photo!


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the patterned paper envelope.  I simply popped up a name label on the front, I think an envelope made with that gorgeous paper needs very little embellishing! 


Please play along in our 52 {C}CT colour challenge this week and add another Christmas card to your collection!  I'm looking forward to seeing your festive creations made using this fab colour combo!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Festive Flurry' & 'Best Yet' sets, Penny Black 'Joyous Season'
CS: SU! Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Brushed Silver & Brushed Gold 

Patterned paper: Bo Bunny 'Silver & Gold'
Ink: Encore Silver & Gold pigment inks
Tools:  SU! 'Festive Flurry' Framelits dies, Embossalicious 'Splendour' embossing folder, Woodware Inverted Corner Rounder punch, X Cut tiny snowflake punch, paper piercer, heat tool, SU! envelope punch board, Hero Arts 'Small Tag Frame' Frame Cuts dies
Embellishments & accessories: Stampendous 'Star Dust' & 'Jeweled Gold' embossing powders, silver tinsel ribbon from ribbon scraps jar, gold brads, silver & gold nailheads, SU! Hodgepodge Hardware metal frame, Frosted Finishes embellishment, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals




 photo RoseRuth.gif
 

9 comments:

Donna Nuce said...

So beautiful Ruth, Love it!

Mynn xx said...

This is OH so elegant, Ruth! LOVE the gorgeous snowflakes and that beautiful tree paper! Have a great weekend! Mynn xx

Deborah Frings said...

Wow! Ruth, this is stunning. I love the shimmer and sparkle on the die cut snowflake, and that beautifully framed sentiment is lovely. As always the inside and envelope complete the look perfectly. Love it!

Louise van Vuren said...

Loved hearing how this cad came together. What a result, elegant and with a vintage feel, and yet with a very contemporary snowflake image. It's a beauty Ruth
Louise xx

Pia S said...

This is so beautifully sparkly and elegant with the combo of dry and heat embossed details, lots of gold and silver!

Fabiola said...

superbe Ruth, toute scintillante et super chic, biz

Patricia Hays said...

Wow - what a great combination of vintage and elegance!

Jacqueline said...

Hi Ruth, a gorgeous snowflake card and what lovely sparkle - Jacqueline xx

Danielle Vincent said...

How amazing Ruth! So glad that you embraced this color combo and came up with such a stunning creation! LOVE your focal snowflake. Really love everything about this card - could just keep looking at it. hugs D

01 09 10