Thursday 25 September 2014

On The Edge Snowflakes Peace On Earth Card

Jan and Wendy are coming over on Saturday morning to make a couple of Christmas cards.  As it's Wendy's birthday over the weekend, I'm making an iced lime and coconut sponge cake - with home made lime curd in the middle.  I'm drooling just thinking about it!  Our local craft shop, the Glitter Pot, is having a Christmas demo weekend so we'll be paying a visit there later and there could well be a spot of shopping done!  A day of crafting, chatting, chuckling and cake - that sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday to me!

So, onto the card.  I cut 1" off the side of the Island Indigo A6 sized card base and embossed the white panel with the SU! Northern Flurry folder after stamping the sentiment.  The SU! 'Festive Flurry' stamp set is one of my all time favourites, I can't see it ever leaving my stash!  I stamped, die cut and fussy cut the snowflake layers, added a rhinestone to each centre and popped the flakes up along the edge of the card.


Inside there's a white panel with a stamped sentiment and strips of Smoky Slate CS and Silver Glimmer paper.  A snowflake on the envelope finished off the card.  Jan and Wendy will also be making THIS CARD I made back in May.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Festive Flurry' & 'Greetings of the Season' sets, Penny Black 'Beautiful Season'
CS: SU! Island Indigo, Smoky Slate & Whisper White, Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink: SU! Island Indigo, Smoky Slate, Bermuda Bay & Pool Party
Tools: SU! 'Festive Flurry' Framelits dies, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif



No comments:

01 09 10