Monday 8 September 2014

Silver Wedding Anniversary Card

Within the space of a week our friends Gill and Brett celebrated their 25th (silver) wedding anniversary, our friends Debbie and Mike had their 24th wedding anniversary and Owen and I celebrated our 30th (pearl) wedding anniversary.  We all got together last Sunday for a celebratory afternoon tea party at our place.  We had champagne to start, followed by sandwiches, sausage rolls, scones and cake - plus tea of course!  I loved getting my dainty bone china crockery out along with my 3 tier cake stand and matching teapot!  I don't enjoy washing it up though - I think I hold my breath the whole time as I'm worried I might drop and break something!  I made a spiced orange cake (it's Mary Berry's Whole Orange Spice Cake recipe) which I've made a couple of times before but this time I put some icing on the top as well as inside and I sprinkled on a few crushed pecans.  So before we get on to the card I made, here's a photo of the cake.  I'm pleased to say it came out very moist and tasty!


So, onto the card I made for Gill and Brett.  I recently made a wedding card using the Splendour embossing folder and the Ornately Framed stamp and I decided to use them again and go with the same layout - a good decision when you don't have a lot of time to create!  I embossed a 5" square of Brushed Silver CS with the Splendour folder, added three strips of narrow silver ribbon and glued the panel to the front of a 5 1/4" square Brushed Silver CS card base.  I stamped the frame, sentiment and '25' in Smoky Slate ink and fussy cut the frame and the numbers.  I popped up the frame, die cut two sparkly hearts, glued them together, popped them up and also popped up the numbers.  To complete the front I added a beautiful Crystal Sparkler embellishment.  


For inside the card I cut a white CS panel, stamped two elegant flourishes and the sentiment.  I made an envelope using textured Smoky Slate CS and used fancy brads and white twine to make an office envelope style closure. 


Here's the front of the envelope with a name label, two more die cut hearts and two rhinestones.


Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black 'Ornately Framed' cling stamp, '25' from SU! 'Memorable Moments' set, 'With Love' from SU! 'Field Flowers' set,  IndigoBlu 'Vintage Flourish Dinkie' stamp, Stampendous 'Happy Anniversary'
CS: SU! Brushed Silver CS, Silver Glimmer Paper & textured 12" x12" Smoky Slate CS, IndigoBlu White Perfect Stamping Card

Patterned paper: sparkly striped paper from DCWV 'Twinkle Glints' CS Stack
Ink: SU! Smoky Slate
Tools: Embossalicious 'Splendour' embossing folder, Sizzix Basic Shapes die from Big Shot Starter Kit, SU! Envelope Punch Board, Spellbinder's 'Grommet Tags' die set, paper piercer
Embellishments & accessories: Creative Expressions 'Crystal Sparkler', SU! Silver 1/8" ribbon, Filigree Designer Brads, white baker's twine, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif


No comments:

01 09 10