Wednesday 10 September 2014

Tree, Moon, Santa & Sleigh Merry Christmas Card

My friend Jan is coming round tomorrow for a crafty afternoon and she's asked to make a card using our newly acquired Inkylicious 'Old Beech Tree' stamp - but as a Christmas card.  I think she likes issuing me with a challenge!  The tree stamp is a beautiful image and I love the fact that the tree exists in real life - Deby from Inkylicious made the stamp at the request of a customer, you can read the story HERE.

I started with a piece of SU! Whisper White CS and I lightly applied Broken China Distress Ink over the whole piece using an ink duster brush.  I made a crescent moon mask using a 1 1/2" inch circle punch - I punched a partial circle from the edge of a piece of CS and then punched again in order to get the crescent shape.  I applied repositionable adhesive to the moon mask, placed it on the panel and applied more Broken China ink.  I then applied Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire inks with ink duster brushes.  I peeled off the moon mask, stamped the tree and the Santa sleigh image and inked the edges of the panel with Chipped Sapphire ink.  I embossed a strip of white CS with a snowflakes folder, glued that to the 5 3/4" square white card base and added a narrow black CS strip.  I matted the stamped panel onto a black CS layer and glued that to the card front.  I stamped and die cut the sentiment element and popped that up.  I punched three Brushed Silver snowflakes and added rhinestones to complete the card front.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I stamped the gorgeous IndigoBlu 'Snowflake Lace' stamp in Faded Jeans ink and stamped the sentiment in black ink.  Hopefully I have fulfilled Jan's brief to her satisfaction!


Supplies:
Stamps: Inkylicious 'Old Beech Tree' & 'Santa Sleigh', SU! 'Seasonal Wishes' set, IndigoBlu 'Snowflake Lace', Stampendous 'Merry Wishes'
CS: SU! Whisper White & Basic Black, IndigoBlu white Perfect Stamping Card
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Broken China, Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans & Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks
Tools: snowflakes embossing folder from Cuttlebug Winter Wonderland set, Spellbinder's 'Grommet Tags' die set, 1 1/2" circle punch, Fiskars snowflake punch, X Cut tiny snowflake punch, Inkylicious ink duster brushes
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

1 comment:

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Ruth gorgeous set love the snowflake image!

01 09 10