Thursday 9 October 2014

Flower Over the Edge Thank You Card

I saw this gorgeous card made by Mikaela Titheredge on Pinterest and just had to CASE it and make my own version.  I loved the cut off card front with the flowers going over the edge and I loved the colours and clean, fresh look too.

I made a Bermuda Bay A6 sized card and cut off some of the card front.  I glued a white panel inside the card and glued a white panel that I'd embossed with the honeycomb folder to the card front.  Using Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay, Pistachio Pudding and Pear Pizzazz inks I stamped and die cut the flowers and leaves.  I assembled the floral arrangement and adhered it to the card front - the Bermuda Bay flower is popped up and I added a Bermuda Bay Candy Dot to the centre of the smallest flower.  I stamped the sentiment and tiny dotty flowers inside the card, added the Bermuda Bay ribbon and sprinkled a few silver sequins on the honeycomb panel.  I loved that sweet little dotty stamp in the Flower Patch set but, sadly, I was careless and lost it during the cleaning process.  I've searched everywhere and I feel it's gone for good : (


Here's a photo of the card showing just the front panel when the card is open.


Here's the envelope with a stem and flower decorating the flap. A bright and breezy little number, a very happy card to make!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Flower Patch'  & 'Sassy Salutations' sets
CS: SU! Bermuda Bay & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Daffodil Delight, Bermuda Bay, Pistachio Pudding & Pear Pizzazz
Tools: SU! 'Flower Fair' Framelits dies, SU! Honeycomb embossing folder
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Bermuda Bay 1/8" taffeta ribbon, Frosted Sequins, Candy Dots, Dimensionals




 photo RoseRuth.gif
 

No comments:

01 09 10